Home point

Reaction score
I set my home point and I'm glad I wasn't over trees when I clicked home . It came straight down from where it was . Landed in parking lot !! It was about 50 feet away. Need help I'm try again tommorow, but not going the far wary from me.

Your Phantom will auto land at its current location if RTH is initiated when it's within 20 meters (65 feet) of the home point. That's working as designed.

Check out the RTH section in the Phantom manual for more details about the RTH feature.

While you should for obvious reasons familiarise yourself with RTH settings and operattion (as you have demonstrated here with being suprised by seemingly normal RTH behaviour) I wouldn't suggest using it as a routine means to fly the AC home. There will be occasions where you will do a better job, especially in windy conditions or where there are obstacles close to your home point.

There is also the "home lock" option. It can be quite useful, instead of RTH, when you lose visual sight of your Phantom.

Just for the record: I flew my P3S for the first time last week-end. I chose a fairway on a closed-for-the-season golf course as a test area. The first couple of flights were done in "beginner"mode, then I went ATTI. The grass was rather long on the course and I didn't want to have the camera dragging in it so I layed my jacket on the grass and launched from off that. Flew the copter out about 300 feet, made sure it had an unobstructed path back home, then triggered RTH. Up, up, up the copter went until it reached RTH altitude (30 meters, as I recall), the copter did a little yaw-only turn, then headed home. It got over the launch point, then descended, landing right on the jacket, less than 6 inches from the exact spot that it took off from.

Sweeet!

Reactions: brianminkc
What I believe @With The Birds is trying to tell you is that you should get yourself familiarized with returning your Phantom home manually, as there are some pitfalls to the sequence of events that take place with RTH.
Yes I tested and it came closer then most on you tube. About a 2 feet in front of me to
Your Phantom will auto land at its current location if RTH is initiated when it's within 20 meters (65 feet) of the home point. That's working as designed.

Check out the RTH section in the Phantom manual for more details about the RTH feature.
i tested the Home point today and it landed perfectly about 2 feet in front of me. I was so happy I did this twice

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez