Home made V2 Transmitter

Reaction score
Hi all,

Here's my attempt at an internal lithium battery, charge port, indicator LEDs and charged/charging LEDs.

The two LEDs above the neck strap point are top charged (green) and bottom charging (red). I attached a prototype PCB from a portable hand held 'appliance' from where i work, hooked into that charging circuit, wired in all the LEDs to pads that were for surface mount LEDs, and also have a charge jack on the rear. All tested and working fine. The power is regulated once it enters the PCB so the 7.4V provided by the li-ion battery is ok, regulated to 3.3V i think (all the points i probed were 3.3V anyway). I needed to solder my PCB switch to the Phantom TX power switch, my PCB switch switches the positive but the Phantom on/off switch switches the negative so i couldn't turn on my PCB using the Phantom on/off switch. So i found a positive voltage that was switched on and off via the Phantom switching on and off, then wired my switch to that one point, which was off a large Capacitor on the under side of the Phantom TX PCB.

Anyway just thought i'd show you all my efforts :)

Regards

That's really great work. Personally I would have just ponied up the $99 for a new one, but I definitely understand the drive to do something yourself too. I've taken on many projects that in hindsight would have been much cheaper to pay upfront, but sometimes I just can't resist the challenge.

And the dude doesn't even include internal pics :evil:

34bde2c7eac4b12fec8ebfad5b806f0f5c12f2f7493fd40ca2e01f5d6c84901e.jpg

I too applaud the 'maker' movement and attitude of mashing-up parts and pieces to make one's own personalized.

The experience and skills learned can be applied elsewhere in the future.

As I get older I too have 'collected' experience, skills, and techniques but I also have means and my time is best spent doing other things.

Keep up the good work!

Yes apologies regarding internal pics but due to the nature of the product I couldn't really show it off publicly. It has a PIC microcontroller on it, all attached to a PCB approx. 60mm x 90mm. This is then attached to the rear of the TX inside, and all leads then go to the front of the TX to the LEDs.

It cost me absolutely nothing to make, only time.

I'm chuffed it turned out like it did, yes AA batteries are cheap and last a while but it is one of those things that I have wanted to do for a while. Thanks for the replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl