Phantom 3 won't power up

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 3 that I haven't used for about a year or so. I decided to dust it off and fire it up. I charged the battery and controller. To power on the drone I held the power on switch for about 2 seconds and then let go. All lights on the battery come on for about 3 seconds and then go out. As I recall the battery lights should cycle, then the power is applied to the drone. I figured that maybe I let the battery set too long so I bought a new one and that does the same. Press the power button, hold for a couple of seconds, let go. The lights stay on for about 3 seconds and then go out. The drone never powers on. I'm thinking now my phantom has died. What bothers me is that the last time I used it, it flew with no issues. Any thoughts out there?

Well, that made me feel like an idiot! Thanks!
Lack of recall - yes
Idiot - no

We all have ‘doh’ moments and have helpful members here at the forum to give us a hand.

Last edited:
no judgments here. I actually had someone send me a drone he couldn't start up. I felt foolish because I didn't think to ask that question. We both felt foolish but he was out $50 in shipping.

Ok, I have a fully charged battery and I press the button on the drone, let it go and press it again for 3 seconds. The four green lights and red light stay on for a second or two and go out. I have tried this multiple times and the drone, Phantom 3, will still not start. One time I tried it again and it started but I did not fly it. Now I am back to square one.

Ok, I have a fully charged battery and I press the button on the drone, let it go and press it again for 3 seconds. The four green lights and red light stay on for a second or two and go out. I have tried this multiple times and the drone, Phantom 3, will still not start. One time I tried it again and it started but I did not fly it. Now I am back to square one.
> The battery button serves several purposes. Double press (press, release, press and hold) to power on the battery. Press once and release to check the current level of charge. Press once and hold for a full 5 seconds to check the remaining battery life.

Perhaps you're not getting the timing of the double press just right? If you wait too long for the second press, you may just be seeing the single press info which is current level of charge.

Reactions: Droneted

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl