Hole placements for range extender wires?

Reaction score
I’ve watched videos about opening up the case and drilling the three holes for a range extender. Some show them drilled on top and spread out, some show them bunched together on the top front center or bottom center.
For those that have installed a range extender - are there pro’s or con’s to The placement of the wires coming out of the controller?

I’ve watched videos about opening up the case and drilling the three holes for a range extender. Some show them drilled on top and spread out, some show them bunched together on the top front center or bottom center.
For those that have installed a range extender - are there pro’s or con’s to The placement of the wires coming out of the controller?
Many threads on this and really depends on just what extender you want and how much work you want to do .You are going to have to open it anyway .
What I came up with that worked the best for me was like I have on 3 of mine .
IMG_9267.jpg

Just do a search on you will find many threads on it . These are my P2V-Standard and P3 4K
I also use the thicker cables after trying the ones that came with the extenders and found them to get me the best range .Holes are on the back side of the P2V TX and these also have the Inspire device holders added .

Reactions: Starz
Many threads on this and really depends on just what extender you want and how much work you want to do .You are going to have to open it anyway .
What I came up with that worked the best for me was like I have on 3 of mine .
View attachment 109532
Just do a search on you will find many threads on it . These are my P2V-Standard and P3 4K
I also use the thicker cables after trying the ones that came with the extenders and found them to get me the best range .Holes are on the back side of the P2V TX and these also have the Inspire device holders added .
Do you prefer having them come through and the top or bottom?

Top on the Standard and other. Reason for the other is the P2 has a extender which i mounted on the back so was just closer doing it there with that one .
63467A45-9318-4F5A-9789-9E7B65493712.jpeg

Hi mate what range extender is that your using for your phantom 3
itelite panels on all 3 and that last picture is the P2V RE700 I just have it mounted on the back .

Reactions: morgan5518
Just be sure if you but one you do get it for the Standard as it is different than the others .
Good luck and welcome to the forum
0ROJYyg.png

Reactions: morgan5518

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20