Hitch in video when AC stops (filming perpendicular to flight)

Reaction score
I have a new Phantom 4 Pro 2.0. I am loving the images/video it puts out. To me, it is immediately recognizable as better image quality than my Mavic.

One thing I would like to fix is that if I am videoing perpendicular to my flight, the image has a hitch when the AC comes to a stop. It looks like the gimble is not able to compensate for the change in motion of the AC. Is that something I have to live with or is it something I can fix. My mavic doesn’t do that.

I have a new Phantom 4 Pro 2.0. I am loving the images/video it puts out. To me, it is immediately recognizable as better image quality than my Mavic.

One thing I would like to fix is that if I am videoing perpendicular to my flight, the image has a hitch when the AC comes to a stop. It looks like the gimble is not able to compensate for the change in motion of the AC. Is that something I have to live with or is it something I can fix. My mavic doesn’t do that.

Yes, you can adjust your braking in this menu:
IMG_0109.jpg

You could also ease off the stick slowly to make your Phantom stop smoothly.

I had this problem intermittently in the first two weeks of ownership. It turned out I was inadvertently pressing C2 button whose default function is FPV/Follow mode for the gimbal. In FPV mode, any sideways flying would cause the gimbal to tilt/jerk. Once I turned that off, no more bumps in the picture when I fly sideways and stop.

Reactions: Ripper7620
Thanks to all the responses. I'll try them all. No doubt one or more will solve my issue.
Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic