Hi from the Villa with the Thrill, Kacksonville Fl

Reaction score
Just saying a Hello and wanting to learn more about the Phantom 3 pro as I received it for my 40th Birthday! It’s awesome to fly and I’ve been flying the Hubsan drone for the past 2 years and I’ve rebuilt that thing 5+ times and the pro 3 is more stable but the hubsan is quick.
I’m thinking about going to goggles with the pro3 as it’s a bit of a pin to use a s10 phone but it’s still all good. I’m still unclear if I need to register the pro3 with the faa and if I need any license, I just fly for fun and it was awesome taking to the keys in the beginning of August.
Thanks for all your help and answers.
Steven.

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

I’m still unclear if I need to register the pro3 with the faa and if I need any license, I just fly for fun and it was awesome taking to the keys in the beginning of August.
Yes, you need to register with the FAA before flying anywhere outdoors. Since you're only flying for fun, you should register under the "Exception for Recreational Flyers" option on the FAA's website here.

Then, mark the exterior of the aircraft (any location is fine) with your FAA registration number. If you're looking for a more professional marking method, I make these high quality FAA registration vinyl decals.

Reactions: Shoot4fun

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .

Shoot4fun

Drone bum...
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Welcome, from near the middle of the country. Ain't nothin here but us rednecks n hillbillies. With drones. Scary, ain't it? 😁

Brad

Reactions: dirkclod

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farjot