Hello from Northeast Iowa!

Reaction score
Hello all! I’m a videographer for the City of Dubuque, Iowa and I’ve just been certified to fly under Part 107. I’ve been in television and film production for over 30 years, but I’m extremely new to drones. I’ve found this site to be of immense value went seeking answers to my questions.

We have a Phantom 3 Professional that we brought in April of ‘15, but never flew it because of the legal requirements for municipalities, meaning the original 333 exemption, then the Part 107 stuff. Also, we move at the speed of government, so it’s just taken a while to get us in the air. Unfortunately, we’ve run into the dreaded “no device found” error in the logs because we were getting no video from the camera. So now it’s on its way to DJI as we speak.

See you around the forums!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the group! Contrats on your certification too! Good luck with your error, is the RC connected to the drone?
Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: Soulcoffr
Welcome to the group! Contrats on your certification too! Good luck with your error, is the RC connected to the drone?
Fly safe and have fun!

Thank you! Yes, we had a very good connection to the drone for command and control. But we had the “No image transmission signal” problem and by checking here and dji forum, and through tech support, determined that it needed repair. So it’s on a UPS truck now on it’s way to California.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)
Thank you very much! I have already used this site to figure out some technical issues we’ve had with our drone.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl