Hey before you order P3 on Amazon

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-04-15 at 7.23.36 AM.png
    Screenshot 2015-04-15 at 7.23.36 AM.png
    307 KB · Views: 369
eseckinger, that's strange. It looks like the prices are switched. The Advanced is currently showing the Professional price.

Last edited:
Reactions: Built Drones
I am very happy that I could help everyone out that preordered thru Amazon. Three extra weeks is a long time to wait also the tax break is nice as well. UAV Outlet people are very nice when I had to change up my order I will be dealing with them in the future.

Just spoke to Amazon support.. The Internet Catalog Team @ Amazon merged the Phantom 3 Prof with the Phantom 3 Advanced with spare battery causing this cluster.. We unfortunately sold a few units and will most likely have to cancel unless Amazon owns up to their mistake..
Amazon should own up and pay you guys!

Amazon should own up and pay you guys!
Or you contact those who purchased who likely understand it was an honest mistake and discuss what they really wanted. Mistakes happen and most people are understanding. Many people will order that just to see if it goes through.

FYI, another forum I'm on has a thread where people post savings/errors on stuff sometimes at $1000's of dollars off for Amazon items. Many people buy and hope they get it, if not they understand when they are contacted and it's clearly explained. Some vendors play games and those vendors are not liked. This mistake was obvious and people should understand that.

I'm all for the customer getting what they ordered, they shouldn't have to suffer due Amazon's mistake.. I should have ordered one for myself.. :D
Understood but I've seen things on Amazon like a $4500 engine hoist for $69. Nobody can reasonably expect that to be correct or a P3P costing more than a P3P w/extra battery which happens to be the same price as a P3A with battery. If Amazon will pay for it great but it shouldn't be expected.

Just wanted to let you guys know that there are two links to order a P3 on amazon one is Prime and one is UAV Outlet. Amazon Prime ships May 15th and if you have a Amazon shipping center in your state tax will be added accordingly. However UAV Outlet ships April 29th free expedited shipping and no tax added. I had one ordered through Prime and delivery estimate was May 25th UAV outlet April 30th to May 4 I I cancelled my prime order and order it from UAV outlet needless to say I hope this helps.
Those links appear to go to Sold by Amazon, shipped by Amazon. What am I missing?

I talked to UAV and received clarification that went like this:
1. when ordering thru Amazon, the shipping date is set for when they expect to have BOTH the P3 AND the battery.
2. when ordering directly thru UAV, you can ask them to ship the two parts separately and get the P3 when it arrives and get the battery separately, 2-3 weeks later.

That's the benefit of ordering directly thru the dealer.
Amazon doesn't allow for partial shipment and it's easier from customer service standpoint to wait until all pieces are in stock to ship everything.
That way you don't end up with claims of missing parts, bad reviews, etc.

When dealing directly with a human being (OK, it's over the phone), you can have a 2-way conversation and express your unique needs.
I for example asked about trackers, and was advised on which to consider and I placed an order for one while on the phone.

Wonder if they ship to the UK, I want a U.S. FCC version now.
At the bottom of the Amazon ad, there's an advisory: "Special Shipping Information: Due to federal and international regulations, this product can only be shipped within the 50 states". Xin Lox.

I talked to UAV and received clarification that went like this:
1. when ordering thru Amazon, the shipping date is set for when they expect to have BOTH the P3 AND the battery.
2. when ordering directly thru UAV, you can ask them to ship the two parts separately and get the P3 when it arrives and get the battery separately, 2-3 weeks later.

That's the benefit of ordering directly thru the dealer.
Amazon doesn't allow for partial shipment and it's easier from customer service standpoint to wait until all pieces are in stock to ship everything.
That way you don't end up with claims of missing parts, bad reviews, etc.

When dealing directly with a human being (OK, it's over the phone), you can have a 2-way conversation and express your unique needs.
I for example asked about trackers, and was advised on which to consider and I placed an order for one while on the phone.
Your post musta been read by Amazon bean counters! Now the tax is added in the UAV Outlet ordering :-(

Your post musta been read by Amazon bean counters! Now the tax is added in the UAV Outlet ordering :-(
Not if you call Chad and order directly from him. They have a website as well, but I like talking to people and Chad was able to answer several questions I had.

Interesting thought that Amazon fulfillment did not charge you tax. It was my understanding that if Amazon merchandise is taxed in your state, then any 3rd party transactions/fulfillments done thru Amazon would be taxed as well.

Not if you call Chad and order directly from him. They have a website as well, but I like talking to people and Chad was able to answer several questions I had.

Interesting thought that Amazon fulfillment did not charge you tax. It was my understanding that if Amazon merchandise is taxed in your state, then any 3rd party transactions/fulfillments done thru Amazon would be taxed as well.
Anything that I've purchased from 3rd parties on Amazon is not taxed unless they have a facility in my state. Tax is charged if I purchase from Amazon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair