Amazon Customer Service

Reaction score
I bought a new Phantom 4 from Amazon and received it on Jan 3rd. I paid the standard $999 at that time. About two weeks later I saw it on Amazon for $899. I called Amazon customer service and they credited my credit card back the $100 difference. Not bad eh ? However .....

The remote controller had a small issue that I've described here in another thread. Each time I go through the "ON" sequence (push once and then push and hold till the 4 lights sequence and let go) I get a different result. Sometimes the controller would turn on normally, sometimes absolutely nothing happened and sometimes all 4 lights would light and stay on the second I pushed the button (as if checking the battery). This was unnerving but cycling through these options always turned it on after 3 or 4 attempts so I was happy enough to go out and then fly it. Wishfull thinking had me assume that it was a momentary glitch and that it would "fix itself" over time. However, the February 5th deadline to return it to Amazon passed (30 day standard procedure) and I became more nervous that the remote controller would eventually fail in the "doesn't do anything" mode and I'd be stuck dealing with DJI (the horror) ! :eek:

I contacted Amazon Customer Service Tech Support last Saturday (Feb. 18th) and explained my situation (after nearly 7 weeks of ownership and admitted usage). With all the friendliness and professionalism I've come to expect from them, they immediately emailed me a shipping label and return authorization. It went out today :)

I don't actually need a drone until mid May when we leave on our western Canada excursion (from Georgia) so if a P5 is available by then I may just order one or at least another P4 at a possibly reduced cost :)

It helps that I have a "Prime Membership" and spend thousands of dollars a year with them year after year I'm guessing, but the reason I do is that I've always had such excellent service anytime I've had to deal with them.

Reactions: joet
Similar experience last fall with a quirky P3A. Also a Prime member. Makes it a no brainer for me to do business with them.

I am also a prime member (and heavy streamer and audible customer) and they practically give me free things when i complain. For example. I ordered a skyrc imax battery charger and it was defective. Issued me a return label. As soon as it shipped they credited me that day. Then I ordered a replacment from a different vendor, was set forbsunday delivery...I didnt care it it showed up on sunday or not. But it didnt so I started a customer service chat with them. They again gave me a refund. Told me to keep the charger when it did show up.

Had a similar incident with a vacume cleaner, ended up with two of them because of it.

Prime 4 life

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1