Help with phantom 4 controller

Reaction score
Hello all,
I screwed up on while I was trying to install antenna boosters. While I was taking apart the remote control i did it wrong and disconnected the ribbon inside the controller rather than the outside. While i tried to reconnect it, the terminal strip broke clean off! See in the picture that I have attached. I was wondering if I am able to purchase a new ckt board or do I have to buy a whole new controller itself? I have been searching the web for a while now and cannot find a replacement ckt board anywhere! Any help will be appreciated!
Thanks
Swedava

Attachments

• controller.jpg
    controller.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 407
From what I can tell, it looks like you damaged the main board. Fixing it with a replacement is difficult. There are almost no boards for sale. E-bay has remotes for cheap for parts. Broken remotes that have the part you want.

I might consider this a learning experience..albeit and expensive one.

There are multiple remotes on sale on e-bay for a discount..many like new.

My suggestion, buy a new one and sent it to Jake to install it. Or buy a new one from Jake at UVMAXX witht the parts installed.

Sorry for your aggravation. We've all been there.

Reactions: swedava
unfortunately you've broken some of the tracks so would be extremely difficult to repair. You may be able to resolder the connector and attempt to trace and physically wire up the tracks. Doesn't hurt to try. Otherwise if you're up for the expense of a new controller then maybe look at getting an inspire controller as these are supposed to work with the P4 and give better range.

Reactions: swedava
unfortunately you've broken some of the tracks so would be extremely difficult to repair. You may be able to resolder the connector and attempt to trace and physically wire up the tracks. Doesn't hurt to try. Otherwise if you're up for the expense of a new controller then maybe look at getting an inspire controller as these are supposed to work with the P4 and give better range.
Thanks for the info, I was already under the impression i screwed up and was going to get a new one. But I had never thought of getting the inspire remote though. In your opinion would it get a further range with that controller alone or the p4 controller with range extenders on it(assuming I dont screw this one up!!!!). I had range extenders on it before and the cable broke so i bought a new one and that is when I broke it. With the first range extender I had it made it 3.5 miles in open field and turned back due to battery being low.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.