Help pls p3a connection issues. solved, thank you

Reaction score
I have seen similar posts and tried all suggestions on those so may not be the same problem.

I just recieved a p3a supossedly 4k so im told off a friend
I do believe it had a fairly hard crash no visible dammage no props broken

I had to reconnect the rc to drone i fire it up it connects with camera but says rc not connected in app. I can lift drone and see altitude change but cannot move gymble via rc, when it starts up gimble moves as usual, no visible damage to gimble thread. I do get battery readings in app also.
On the left side of app it says all good but signal poor on the right side the settings none of them work for example check imu or reformat sd card.
I have tried power up in several locations no difference. Its odd i get camera feed and drone telemetry height and which way its facing even though it says rc not connected. This drone has had very little flight time would be under 30 flights.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I am thinking of cracking the shell and taking a look inside, is there a diagram somwhere to follow so im not just undoing everything unnecessarily and lets me know what components im looking at?

Luckily my p3s has had no issues at all even after crashes... i love that thing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-02-08-05-16.png
    Screenshot_2019-12-02-08-05-16.png
    852.3 KB · Views: 207
A few more screenshots of app
Hoping these may help in some way.
Rignt now im using galaxy tab with latest app to connect, i also have ipad i tried with old app that my p3s uses, no differenceScreenshot_2019-12-02-08-05-16.pngScreenshot_2019-12-02-09-02-25.pngScreenshot_2019-12-02-09-02-41.pngScreenshot_2019-12-02-09-02-43.pngScreenshot_2019-12-02-09-03-35.pngScreenshot_2019-12-02-09-05-17.png

I just recieved a p3a supossedly 4k so im told off a friend
A P3A is 2.7K not 4K.

I had to reconnect the rc to drone i fire it up it connects with camera but says rc not connected in app.
No where in your screen shots does it say "Aircraft Disconnected" Where do you see this? Also which Galaxy Tab?

The first pic, says signal lost the big red bit up the top... ahh signal..lol

the bird does disconnect at times
The model number is. Sm -t535 for the tablet

the bird does disconnect at times
Take the aircraft outdoors. Turn off the tablet Wi-fi. The P3A uses lightbridge, not wi-fi for signal. If you are very close to a router or hot spot it could make a difference. Try that first. Also put in an SD card.

Thanks heaps for taking the time to help mate

I have put the sd card back in, no routers near me though now im using wifi on same tablet. I actually drove to a remote area yesterday, no building's within a couple of km. No difference.

I just had a look at a few of the lost signal posts, eventhough i have re-linked controller already i might try again then take it outside and give it a go.. ill try anything. I shoukd have no signal loss really so would that mean the antenna on the bird been disconnected? Thats my thinking now

I just had a look at a few of the lost signal posts, eventhough i have re-linked controller already i might try again then take it outside and give it a go.. ill try anything. I shoukd have no signal loss really so would that mean the antenna on the bird been disconnected?
Not neccessarily. This is sounding more like an RC issue as opposed to the aircraft itself. You can try a few more steps that might help diagnosing the issue.

1) Take off the props, and power everything up as you would when ready to fly.
2) Start the motors ( If they will start ).
3) Let the aircraft idle for 30 seconds or so.
4) Stop the motors and power down.

Now it gets tricky...... Upload the .txt flight data file here. That way we can tell you which aircraft file you need.

Once you do that, you will need to download the aircraft .dat file from the bird. Instructions for that are on the link below.
When you have that file, upload that to a sharable site such as dropbox, google drive etc...and share a link back here to
the uploaded file.

I realize that is a lot of steps, but with the aircraft data we might be able to locate where the issue is. The .txt data starts when the motors are started, that is why that is needed. The aircraft file starts at power up. It is much easier to locate the correct .dat from the .txt file.

Retrieve Aircraft .DAT

Now that was very odd, first try it said strong electromagnetic interference with no signal loss so i attempted take off using the app, i got takeoff failed message. The battery was down to 2 bars so i turned everything off put a full battery in restarted controller then bird and has signal loss straight up, i still attempted take off same message. I tried controller take off and nothing. I still can not move gimble with controller at all

Now that was very odd
Indeed...Again this could be either or AC/RC.......maybe the .dat can provide more detail. No guarantees but possible.

The only problem is the motors will not fire up.

I just realised i forgot to mention that lights on bird
2 solid red and 2 constant yellow flashing

Yeah i know important to mention....lol im a noob
I never crash mine that hard

I appreciate your help and time you have taken i have to head to work very soon, i will try retrieve the dat file when i get home if one was created and will get the link posted here..
Enjoy the rest of your day

2 solid red and 2 constant yellow flashing
That is either initialzation or Lost signal. I suspect the latter. You can still get the .dat file through the link sent previously. As I mentioned that file starts at power up.......Find the last 2 or 3 files. They should be FLY.xxxx.dat.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
Does the remote firmware version work with the aircraft firmware version? I’ve read where mismatched versions can be a problem.

Reactions: Oso
Does the remote firmware version work with the aircraft firmware version? I’ve read where mismatched versions can be a problem.
That is true, however the aircraft won't link at all in that scenario.

A few more screenshots of app
Hoping these may help in some way.
Rignt now im using galaxy tab with latest app to connect, i also have ipad i tried with old app that my p3s uses, no differenceView attachment 115925View attachment 115926View attachment 115927View attachment 115928View attachment 115929View attachment 115930
The thing that instantly screams out loudly to me is AC FW 1.1.5 with RC FW 1.9.2. What is that, the original AC FW from 4+ years ago with the latest RC FW? If it were mine, I would first install an AC FW version of 1.8 or later and then relink. In fact, I'd probably install v1.8 to avoid adding complications with later versions until I first had everything dialed with v1.8.

The thing that instantly screams out loudly to me is AC FW 1.1.5 with RC FW 1.9.2.
Good point. 1.8 AC and 1.6 RC....... 1.92RC should be 11.xxx I think.

Have you re-calibrated your remote completely including the gimbal roller? If not, please give it a try.

Thanks for all the help guys, a great bunch here.

Ive got to setup pc to connect to bird, i will sort the firmware out first and give it a shot if not good il extract the dat files.

I have recalibrated rc and clicked gimble calibrate but nothing seemed to happen for gimble, it does spin around with bird startup so thats a bonus

I cant find how to update rc firmware, tried inside djigo app even the instructions on how to update the rc dont actually tell you how to do it, thats insane, i can not find the right app for pc, i tried assistant2 it asked for a license number, what license number?
Im sure it was not this hard last time a few years ago...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.