Help Please. Phantom wet but working

Reaction score
Hello,

I was trying out my new FPV setup with new gopro.
- Phantom 2 not up to date due to worries about bad flying reports with updates
- fatshark transmiter (right out of the box)
- H3-2D gimbal (right out of the box)
- Gopro hero3+ silver (right out of the box)

Flying low, it dived to the left, hit the floor and went tumbling into my pool. I threw the controller to one side (antenna came out, but popped it right in) and jumped into the pool. Not 5 seconds passed and the phantom was out of the pool. Disassembled everything and put it in rice. (rice absorbs liquid and humidity). Long story short, after 4 days in rice, Gopro works falwlessy, FPV transmits perfectly through Gopro and gimbal, and phantom turns on, gets GPS and i was able to fly it.

Here is with what I need help. When i connect it to do an IMU calibration, I always get the too hot message, but after i click ok, it says IMU calibration completed and ready (not sure if it actually calibrated). Also, my motors seem to be faulty. When I hit FULL UP throttle, the motors go up sloowly and gradually, but when i hit yaw, it does it quickly and upsets the whole phantom. Hitting UP/left throttle makes the motors lift quickly, but straight up the motors accelerate slowly. Also, the phantom is very unstable and drifts tooo much. Could i be correct and have faulty motors? Do I just replace motors? or do i have to replace more things?

If you guys need more explanation of what is happening or more details let me know.

please help a member out.

Thanks
LG

The too hot warning is a known bug and can be ignored. Tell me did you run the stick calibration in the Naza assistant under the RC tab? If not try that.
Glad you got her working again:)

Ozzyguy said:
The to hot warning is a known big and can be ignored. Tell me did you run the stick calibration in the Naza assistant under the RC tab? If not try that.
Glad you got her working again:)

Yup. Tried calibrating everything.

One would assume if the motors spin up fast for any functions that would mean high rpm's are possible.
Possible calibration or naza/controller issues?

A common recommendation for wet electronics is to rinse with distilled water or 90% rubbing alcohol to get any minerals off the connections/board as it's possible for corrosion to form later on and cause failures.

Apparently throttle has improved. It is almost as it should be. But, I think the big problem is with the GPS. It drifts A LOT and goes up and down on a hover. When i leave it on a hover i can move it around with my hand with the phantom making little efforts to not move around. I did IMU calibration and compass calibration, but this did no effect. I said what the hell, and did the update but this did no change. I dont know if go ahead and change the NAZA or GPS module (if they sell it separate).

Speaking of saving Phantoms from water damage, save all those silica gel packets!

They work better (or possibly the same) than the rice method, and you don't waste any rice.

http://didyouknowblog.net/post/84293469 ... el-packets

Congrats on brining it back to life! I'm still researching on ways to make my Phantom more "water-proof" in case of an unintentional water landing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl