That's a first!
Vacuum cleaner, tweezers and care.
Wishing you the best in your drone endeavours and a bright future.

I am a 13 year old boy living in America. I run a small (microscopic) Aerial Photography Business in Pittsburgh, PA.

Last time, when we were photographing a Party with my DJI Phantom 4 Pro, some idiotic kid aimed and fired a Party Popper at my Drone, filling all the 4 Motors with Confetti. The "Motor Obstructed" Warning kept popping up.
I have quite a bit of Drone Flying experience, but I have never opened a Phantom and therefore am worried.

What do I do now ???
I am a 13 year old boy living in America. I run a small (microscopic) Aerial Photography Business in Pittsburgh, PA.

Last time, when we were photographing a Party with my DJI Phantom 4 Pro, some idiotic kid aimed and fired a Party Popper at my Drone, filling all the 4 Motors with Confetti. The "Motor Obstructed" Warning kept popping up.
I have quite a bit of Drone Flying experience, but I have never opened a Phantom and therefore am worried.

What do I do now ???

Thanks a lot for the quick answers everyone. Yes, I will have to tell my parents what happened.

Meanwhile, I have sent the Phantom to the Dji repair centre in Virginia.

I'm thinking you should approach the idiotic kid and present him with a repair bill. Or maybe his parents.

I'm thinking you should approach the idiotic kid and present him with a repair bill. Or maybe his parents.

His parents are horrible. I approached them today and they started yelling expletives at me. Next thing I know, their idiotic kid bullies me everyday at school and threatens to shoot my Labrador with a BB Gun.

The repair was 100$. They replaced the 4 motors, shell and checked the RX, Naza-H and BEC.

Thankfully, my parents don't know about it. (They were wondering why my Phantom looks so clean and shiny).

I’m glad your copter is back in service. I know you didn’t ask for this advice as well, but if you truly are a teenage kid, you should be honest with your parents about the big things going on in your life. They deserve that. Just sayin’.

I’m glad your copter is back in service. I know you didn’t ask for this advice as well, but if you truly are a teenage kid, you should be honest with your parents about the big things going on in your life. They deserve that. Just sayin’.

I really appreciate your advice. I am generally quite honest but I was really scared after this incident.

Once again, thanks a lot for telling me.

By the way, I saw your 'Hate Less Love More' video and subscribed.

Reactions: Brockrock
By the way, I saw your 'Hate Less Love More' video and subscribed.

Thank you! I’ll put more vids up as soon as it warms up a bit.

His parents are horrible. I approached them today and they started yelling expletives at me. Next thing I know, their idiotic kid bullies me everyday at school and threatens to shoot my Labrador with a BB Gun.

The repair was 100$. They replaced the 4 motors, shell and checked the RX, Naza-H and BEC.

Thankfully, my parents don't know about it. (They were wondering why my Phantom looks so clean and shiny).
Either this is a fanciful story or you got ripped off, there isn’t a seperate battery eliminator circuit or naza H module to check.

Reactions: BigAl07

What do I do now ???

Maybe the kid needs a friend willing to let him try a drone flight or two.

Hhmm! You approached the parents today and the next thing you know, the kid is bullying you every day?

Well, at least you know where he got his particular set of values. A product of his environment.

Reactions: Zarvan

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1