Help needed

Reaction score
Hi, help needed for my phantom 2. I was given it in bits after previous owner crashed it, and now has a mavic!
I can't get the fpv working, I have changed the 5.8 transmitter and receiver, the gopro is working, it is transmitting to a small screen.
There is some signal and I can see some info on screen but jumping like it's not tuned correctly, any immediate thoughts? I haven't tried it outside, could the signal be suffering from interface?? Any help appreciated!!

Interference is most likely. Go outside away from as much as possible. Then come back with more info. Model of RC and firmware, etc. screenshots whatever. Good luck.

Hard to figure with little info, but you could try : 1. check gopro for ntsc/pal setting 2. check screen/ monitor for ntsc/ pal setting, make sure they are the same. 3. check ground wires, add , or subtract sometimes (video). 4. check video channels are the same (receiver & transmitter). Also the same video band is the same. 5. turn on gopro first. Good luck.

Hi , thanks for replys.

Totally new to all this and struggling to be honest.

More info.... and pics

Screen is Freeworld
Receiver is RC305
Transmitter is TS351
iSOD mini

Presume wiring is correct as i had to rewire!!!

From connection on Phantom > Red to Red on two wire connector on transmitter
2 Brown to 2 brown on iSOD then to 2 black on transmitter
Yellow to yellow on iSOD
Orange from iSOD to yellow on transmitter

Last screen is best reception i get , mostly worse.

Thanks in advance !!

Attachments

• IMG_2434.JPG
    IMG_2434.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 174
  • IMG_2435.JPG
    IMG_2435.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 177
  • IMG_2436.JPG
    IMG_2436.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 183
  • IMG_2437.JPG
    IMG_2437.JPG
    733.1 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_2438.JPG
    IMG_2438.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 185
Hi , thanks for replys.

Totally new to all this and struggling to be honest.

More info.... and pics

Screen is Freeworld
Receiver is RC305
Transmitter is TS351
iSOD mini

Presume wiring is correct as i had to rewire!!!

From connection on Phantom > Red to Red on two wire connector on transmitter
2 Brown to 2 brown on iSOD then to 2 black on transmitter
Yellow to yellow on iSOD
Orange from iSOD to yellow on transmitter

Last screen is best reception i get , mostly worse.

Thanks in advance !!

From your photos of the iOSD, it looks like it's wired incorrectly. That connector on the iOSD has four-pins and it's marked. Take a closeup photo of that connector of that iOSD so I can see how it is wired. Without the IOSD being wired correctly, there's no signal to or out of the transmitter.

Hope that's OK?

The wiring isn't the best but it will work and looks correct. In the following photo, you'll need VOM to check if you have a 5V source.

There are three other possible reasons why there's no video from the transmitter.
1) The cable connecting all the motors on the gimbal may be damaged. ( Video signal to TX )

2) Depending on which DJI gimbal you have either 2 axis H3-2D or 3 axis H3-3D. Or even if it's an aftermarket gimbal may not be connected correctly.

3) Which action camera are you using? The DJI 2 axis gimbal was designed for GP 3 & 3+ while the 3 axis was for the GP 4.

As for aftermarket action cameras and gimbals, I've never used one so I cannot help you with that. Now if you have ever power up the P2 without the antenna connected to the TX you may be damaged or already have damaged the TX.

Take good photos of the gimbal with a camera connected so I can see what you are using.

Also, would you use the REPLY button at the bottom because there will be a notice on the screen and also on my email that you have replied?
Phantom 2 board.jpg

Last edited:
The wiring isn't the best but it will work and looks correct. In the following photo, you'll need VOM to check if you have a 5V source.

There are three other possible reasons why there's no video from the transmitter.
1) The cable connecting all the motors on the gimbal may be damaged. ( Video signal to TX )

2) Depending on which DJI gimbal you have either 2 axis H3-2D or 3 axis H3-3D. Or even if it's an aftermarket gimbal may not be connected correctly.

3) Which action camera are you using? The DJI 2 axis gimbal was designed for GP 3 & 3+ while the 3 axis was for the GP 4.

As for aftermarket action cameras and gimbals, I've never used one so I cannot help you with that. Now if you have ever power up the P2 without the antenna connected to the TX you may be damaged or already have damaged the TX.

Take good photos of the gimbal with a camera connected so I can see what you are using.

Also, would you use the REPLY button at the bottom because there will be a notice on the screen and also on my email that you have replied?

Thanks for reply, tx is New as I wasn't sure if it was the cause of the problem,
Not sure what gimbal it is??!!??
Using a gp 3+
Hope these photos are useful?

Attachments

• IMG_20200307_160056.jpg
    IMG_20200307_160056.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 194
  • IMG_20200307_160050.jpg
    IMG_20200307_160050.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20200307_160032.jpg
    IMG_20200307_160032.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 160
  • IMG_20200307_160022.jpg
    IMG_20200307_160022.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 179
Thanks for reply, tx is New as I wasn't sure if it was the cause of the problem,
Not sure what gimbal it is??!!??
Using a gp 3+
Hope these photos are useful?

That is a DJI H3-3D or even the newer H4-3D gimbal hard to tell from just a photo. The newer gimbal was designed for the weight of the hero 4 camera. Now the cable that is plugged into the cameras USB port can be damaged as well as the ribbon that feeds all the motors. That ribbon not only controls the gimbal motors but also the B+ and video feed to the camera. The only way to check all those connections is from the socket inside the P2 for continuity. One way would be to turn on the P2 and see if and see if it responses to all commends from the controller. There might also be a problem with the cameras USB port. To check that take some video while the P2 then play it back through your computer

Here's a schematic of the gimbal and video sockets on the mainboard.
Main Board Schematic.jpg

If the ribbon cable to the camera is the cause of your problem there are videos on YouTube on how to replace it. Also here's a link for a replacement of the camera's ribbon cable. Now this link is may years old but it should help you.
Other RC Model Vehicle Parts & Accessories for sale | eBay

Reactions: Ianman
The weather is warming up here and I may answer you until later this evening as I'm a potag and off for some clips and photos. Oh yes almost forgot. Where do you live?

The weather is warming up here and I may answer you until later this evening as I'm a potag and off for some clips and photos. Oh yes almost forgot. Where do you live?

Thanks for all the info Jason!!
Will try those things you have suggested and report back if or when i find out anymore!!
Im in North East UK , weather is terrible so not really the best to test flight!!

Thanks for all the info Jason!!
Will try those things you have suggested and report back if or when i find out anymore!!
Im in North East UK , weather is terrible so not really the best to test flight!!

Went out to shoot a nesting bald eagle sitting on her eggs.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj