Help needed for my Tx

Reaction score
So,

I am back, I bought a Bayangtoys X16 GPS drone, since I wanted to play around before buying a DJI.

I modded the antenna on the Tx to an Alfa APA-M04 7 dBi gain RP-SMA directional panel antenna

I was able to bind the Tx and power up the drone, then in order to make the solder more solid I put hot glue on the joints.

Now, I don't recall if I powered on the Tx without the antenna, but if I did power it on while the Coax was soldered in, will it still burn the Tx?

This is the problem I am facing, I have tested for short on the antenna and everything is working as per volt meter testing

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-09-18 at 14.19.13.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-09-18 at 14.19.13.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 223
  • WhatsApp Image 2018-09-18 at 16.32.30.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-09-18 at 16.32.30.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Thats sure a possibility.frying the transmitter finals transistor......Lets hope Not..keep doing some checks and hope that you find the problem....let US know what you finally do to get the output / transmit working.

Im confused by this statement " but if I did power it on while the Coax was soldered in".
was it powered ON when you were soldering the coax on ?

Thats sure a possibility.frying the transmitter finals transistor......Lets hope Not..keep doing some checks and hope that you find the problem....let US know what you finally do to get the output / transmit working.

Im confused by this statement " but if I did power it on while the Coax was soldered in".
was it powered ON when you were soldering the coax on ?
I mean to ask.

If we power on the Tx if the antenna is not connected then it will fry the Tx.

But since in this mod the original antenna was removed and a coax cable was soldered. I powered on the Tx with the coax soldered in and no antenna.

If I fried the transistor then can I replace it myself? and which ones?

the power does come up but then goes away, if I immediately power it off and power back on, then there is no LED,

However, if I pause for 5-10 seconds the intensity of LED is high, and subsequently low if powered on during less intervals.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik