Help, my P4 lands weirdly.

Reaction score
So i land my p4 on my driveway, and when it touches the ground it bounces a lot. Is that normal?

How exactly are you landing it?

When I land I slightly pull downward on the left stick for a soft touchdown. Then after I do touch the ground I pull all the way back to shut down the props.

If your pulling hard down on the left stick while in flight you maybe slamming the P4 down a bit to hard.

I'm a total noob but that's how I do it. Hope it helps. :)

Flying r/c aircraft takes a bit of finesse. However these [drones] do most of the flying for you leaving you a few areas to learn.

Always take-off/land with the camera facing away from you. This keeps the controls logical.

As you near the ground reduce the descent rate and prepare for a small amount of ground effect and continue to reduce descent rate as you near the ground.
Once landed, hold left stick full back/down until motors stop.

Additionally, when taking off always use FULL throttle until you reach 8-10 feet then release. Test for stability and proper control response then away you go.

Manually, stick all the way down.
As Xenomorph noted above, you want to move the throttle stick in the downward position very gently as your Phantom gets close to the ground. If you come down too hard, your Phantom will bounce when it hits the ground. If it's windy out, you'll need to come down a little bit faster to prevent your Phantom from moving sideways and possibly tipping as it hits the ground.

Make sure you are landing on a level surface. My driveway is slanted slightly down hill and if land on it the P4 wants to stay level and it gets wobble

I actually saw a video where a guy recommended to hover your drone and catch it, especially when there is sand, gravel, water, etc. And then just pull down on the throttle stick to shut off the propellers. Works really well!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Καλλιστώ
I always hand catch. I takeoff from the lid of my carrying case and hand catch to avoid FOD. I bring it down to a height just above my head that requires reaching up and out slightly. I then gently and slowly come up from below the copter and take hold of the right side gear leg with my right hand. I grab it at the top with my thumb and index finger wrapped above where the gear leg mounts to avoid possible gear leg cracking over time. Once in my grasp, left stick down for 3 seconds and it shuts down. Works like a charm. BUT, make hand/finger contact with a prop and you will get bit very badly...no matter how much you think your copter likes you...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31