Help me pick my first drone

Reaction score
I have posted this question months ago before the mavic or p4p was released. I was ready to buy the p4 but I had something come up and had to put it off. Now I have more options. The two I'm looking at the most are the p4p and mavic pro. I will be primarily using these off of boat the make fishing videos. I am starting a YouTube channel and want to make 15-30 minutes TV style episodes. Since I will mostly be doing this solo I need simple fly and forget systems. I mainly want orbiting and tracking shots of the boat running or trolling. I'm also worried about hand launching the mavic from a boat. Basically the question is, is the size and convinces of the mavic worth giving up 4K@60fps and the larger sensor, plus the better obsitcal avoidance? Which drone would handle strong winds better? Which drone will still be a viable filmmaking platform years down the line?

Well hand launching and catching, now you have re ignited the debate.
I think for your activity the Mavic sounds to be most suited, in theory the heavier Phantom should cope with the wind better, but most reports suggest the Mavic is very capable in the wind.
OK treading on controversial ground, I think hand catching of the Mavic is more difficult than the Phantom, but on a boat you have little choice.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl