Help Identify Controller Antenna & Display

Reaction score
Good Morning All -

I recently purchased a Phantom 3 Standard which I love. If there was some kind of well priced trade-in program, I would probably upgrade to the Advanced version. The only things which have bugged me about the drone are the range and the fact the app isn't that stable on my phone - surely the phone's fault. I've been looking for alternatives / upgrades, but the verdict is still out on what's best.

When watching Expedition Unknown this morning, they used a Phantom to survey potential Inca sites in Mexico. What I immediately noticed was the antenna / screen system that the guy had attached to his remote / Phantom to control it.

Below are screenshots from the show. Does anyone know what the following are:
- The antenna system used (Seems to have two different antennas on remote and perhaps something on drone)
- The video system used (It has a hood so cannot see the screen, itself
remote1.jpg
remote2.jpg
remote3.jpg

I'm hoping that if identified, it's equipment that is compatible with my Standard.

Thanks guys!

It looks like the remote itself is the standard remote, but the attachment for the lanyard has been replaced with that mount. I haven't personally seen that lanyard attachment removed, but i would guess you could do it by disassembling the controller or something.

I'd also like to know the answers to your other questions about the monitor and antenna.

yes, that monitor does look the one that Zerone linked to at Amazon.. a "Seetec".. 1st I have heard of that brand.. looks like a "China Come Lately" special.. could be a nice monitor.. could be crap.. not sure..

then for antennas it looks like he is using a cloverleaf from a fatshark system and then another another antenna on the other side that probably has a special name too.. I am not sure what it is called..

the whole deal is connected to the phantom controller with one of the metal cnc'd tpe deals which are pretty horrible.. I guarantee that whole setup wobbles like crazy with any movement..

Also, the Phantom in those photos is defintely not a Phantom 3 Standard.. it's looks like v2 Phantom with a GoPro camera and a zenmuse gimbal.. probably using 5.8ghz to transmit video via a fatshark system or something similar.. nothing really similar or compatible with what's going on with a P3 Standard setup..

Johnny
Evolution3D.com

Last edited:
Thanks guys -

I'll take a look and see what I can find. I honestly don't care if i get the exact thing, I just want the best option for the $ to extend my range. Until this show, I was considering either the "BlueProton DJI Phantom 3 Standard WiFi Signal Range Extender Antenna Kit w 10dBi 5.8GHz Omni by ARGtek" from Amazon or the "Phantom 3 Standard with Quick Mount" from DBSMods.com. Does anyone have a suggestion as for which one of these two (or another) is the better option overall? Half of the flying i do is rural with not many houses / WiFi APs but the other half is in my neighborhood where there are tons of APs if that makes a difference.

One more thing I forgot to add. One other thing he had was software which would "on a computer would stitch photos in real time to create a 3d image." I didn't grab a screenshot of the resulting image (which is all they showed), but have read about something similar before for the Phantom. What I read seemed to be mobile app-based, not computer based. Anyone have an idea of what software this may be?

Thanks guys!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31