Remote Controller I damaged a part. Ideas please.

Reaction score
I’m a retired school teacher who uses three different Phantom 4’s, one the base and two the Advanced, for fun but also as my paying hobby as freelance photographer around Murtoa in Australia.

I sometimes do videos for local farmers and some require flying up to 2 k away over paddocks that can be 5,000 acres plus in size.

I bought two range extending antenna off eBay, probably not the wisest.

I have installed them. Now the problem.

I did something wrong in the reassembly of the Remote Control.

Now when I turn on the RC and the Phantom 4 I used the extenders on, the drone starts, the RC starts and the green light on RC comes on

But the screen remains blank. I changed the cable from iPad to RC to be sure it wasn’t that. I reinstalled the DJI Go 4 App.

The screen has “Disconnected” at the top of the DJI Go 4 app on the iPad.

But the drone starts manually, it flies as usual but with no visual on the screen. The camera doesn’t work in the drone when I push the photo button on the RC. Well, I don’t think it works.

The DJI Go 4 records the flight. The DJI GO 4 has an error listing with the sensors but when I try to use that App to fix it, the message comes up yo use DJI Assistant 2.

I took the RC apart again. The main cable from main circuit board up to the power inlet (Part 22 with DJI part number CP PT S00091) seems undamaged.

The five ribbon cables could be the the issue as I have no way of testing if there is a fault in one.

What part in the RC would I have damaged or should I replace to rectify my problems.

Ideas most gratefully looked forward to. It’s a pain not being able to identify the area at fault.

Also, it there Schematic Diagrams some where with the DJI parts numbers listed as there are some repairs where I cannot find part numbers.

Thank you

Ross

If your craft fly's well your antenna cables are good. Seems it could be a ribbon cable or the output module, I would think mostly a ribbon cable. I would first try to reconnect just the ones in the module as you wont have to separate the RC to try. Ribbon cable damage is hard to see. You see in some videos that they use metal tweezer to pull out the ribbons, DON'T as they may damage the ribbon, gently wiggle them out. You can use the tweezers on the two small ribbon cables that have a tab to pull on but don't pull with tweezers on the comm cable as slight force may bend and crack the cable (I have done this). You can get a complete ribbon set from a good dji reseller. I am in Canada and here is what they look like. Phantom 4 - Cable Set

Reactions: Droneted
thank you for the reply.
I unfortunately plead guilty to using metal tweezers removing the cables and I would guess that I have damaged one, or more. I'll order a couple.
Is there a downloadable diagram (or diagrams) where the parts have their names and DJI part number on them?

I don't have a diagram of the cables but I have seen one in this forum I believe.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164