HELP, Gimbal Overload, camera pointing to the right!

Also wanted to thank everyone for making your post! Helped me learn another step of maintenance! Thanks and happy flying!

Same issue here.
Crashed P3S, tightened the hex screw but cam points to right.

Did IMU-CAL and gimbal-calibration, but that didn't help.

Well,
Noticed my yaw-arm is bent.

So some of you might want to check that as well.

d6166bae6131c549193718f928fdb45b.jpg

Cost for replacement: between $5 and $50 on ebay or amazon.

Casted from my throne using Tapatalk

How do you do a IMU calibration?
It's in the manual! Set the bird on a cool, level spot. I use a spot on my basement floor that I have checked for level with a carpenters level. Let it sit for 30 min or so. Then turn everything on and go to sensors in the go app and click on "calibrate IMU". It will take a few minutes, leave alone - don't touch it, start the motors or anything else until the app tells you it's finished. Most people also suggest dong a gimbal cal also after the imu.

I adjusted said screw with the motor. But that didn't help with mines. Any other ideas on what may cause it to act like this? I checked all the connections and they are secure. It'll start up and flicker back and forth then tilt to one side.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I know exactly what it is.. I had the same issue, took it back to the place I bought it, and they replaced it. BUT as I was waiting for the new one to be brought out, the technician said he knew exactly what it was, and that it was a pretty simple fix. If you hold the phantom in front of you and look into the left side of it (phantom facing left), and push the back of the gimbal all the way to the back so the camera is pointing all the way to the left. you will see a little set screw right where the gimbal arm attaches to the motor that turns the gimbal to the left and right (I think it a tiny hex set screw). In my case this had loosened, and just needed to be tightened down. The way it should be aligned is that set screw should be tightened down on the flat side of the shaft coming down from the motor (which you can see if you look up underneath the phantom gimbal. Let me know if this gets you up and running...

Thank you sir! I came here looking to fix my problem and you solved it! Simple quick fix and I'm back in the air. Love this forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers