Help; Been Reported

The paranoia of drones continues.

BIG update;
So today we had a knock at the door it was the Police, they've just basically told me the rules and stuff.
Also apparently they've had "Several" phone calls, about my drone, and they have video proof.
If anyone spying its defo not me.
I just don't understand why people would go to the police if they have an issue, they should speak to me directly, I like to think I'm a nice guy.
Honestly now not liking this neighbourhood

Did the Police phrase it in such a way that you felt they agreed with the callers who reported you?
Or did the Police seem reasonable and understand BOTH sides?
Seems these people are very paranoid and will probably keep calling. Sorry to hear this.
Is it possible to fly in that area and still abide by the rules?

What "video proof"? Of what? Of you peeping into their windows?
If you're not doing anything wrong (flying too close), then they are just unreasonable.

If you're following the rules not much they can do.

If there happens to be someone else flying around, that could complicate things a little, but on the other hand, if they're also following the rules, it could take a little heat off you.

All in all tho, it might be better to get your few good aerials of that area and then fly somewhere else mostly. Bummer for sure. Some people are idiots....and mean. They'd rather snipe at you from a distance than try to work it out. "The "Fun Police" I call em.

Did the Police phrase it in such a way that you felt they agreed with the callers who reported you?
Or did the Police seem reasonable and understand BOTH sides?
Seems these people are very paranoid and will probably keep calling. Sorry to hear this.
Is it possible to fly in that area and still abide by the rules?

What "video proof"? Of what? Of you peeping into their windows?
If you're not doing anything wrong (flying too close), then they are just unreasonable.

If you're following the rules not much they can do.

If there happens to be someone else flying around, that could complicate things a little, but on the other hand, if they're also following the rules, it could take a little heat off you.

All in all tho, it might be better to get your few good aerials of that area and then fly somewhere else mostly. Bummer for sure. Some people are idiots....and mean. They'd rather snipe at you from a distance than try to work it out. "The "Fun Police" I call em.

He seemed very nice said it didn't want to be the fun police and ruin my fun ect. Well I could go to a big park but the police said I couldn't because its still within 50m of a person.

And I'm not sure but they did say about flying at roof level, but that was me flying at my roof. To check for damage and stuff, and I never knew my chimneys was blocked up, learnt something. Lol.

I've never met anyone with a Drone apart from me.

This is what I mean, they can speak to me, yes I don't know them, but still. They can knock.

One, I don't understand by people are saying I'm not a good neighbour, he said he didn't mind me playing with my toy as long as the Camera isn't on his property, and that's what I did, when I was about to film I was just doing a shot at about 2ft of the ground, not even at fence level.

I don't know who the guy is, I've never spoke, nor met him before, but I stopped, even though what I've read up on camera regulations mean I'm doing nothing wrong. And that's the problem to this guy.

I just don't understand why he'd report me to my landlord agency, after he sorted the issue out with me first hand?

I came on here for a little bit of advice, because I got my drone for my birthday, and after this I might return it.

I haven't been very well over the past few years, and I didn't want anymore stress as it can take me back to the first step.

I don't need you guys having a go at me, looking down your noses.

Thank you.

The next thing you know, people will be telling others to not look at their house when you ride down the street.... privacy you know..

I would (kindly) request to see the videos that they claim to have. That way you can determine if it was in fact your drone and flying, or if someone else is doing the stupid things that you are not doing.

It also sounds like this neighbor of yours got some friends and/or family members to call also, just to pad the number of calls.

I sure hope you don't give up flying though!

50m away from people and buildings?
Doesnt that mean you can take off, go straight to 50m over the tallest buidling and be good? That's about how high I fly 75% of the time anyways.

Look, if you want to be a good neighbor then take the drone and fly someplace away from this idiot. If you dont care about being a good neighbor to this guy then fly it as you will and let the law protect you. Just make sure you are ALWAYS flying within what law allows and what the police who visited your house are recommending.

The next thing you know, people will be telling others to not look at their house when you ride down the street.... privacy you know..

I caught someone looking at my cat you know, police are now on speed dial

I would (kindly) request to see the videos that they claim to have. That way you can determine if it was in fact your drone and flying, or if someone else is doing the stupid things that you are not doing.

It also sounds like this neighbor of yours got some friends and/or family members to call also, just to pad the number of calls.

I sure hope you don't give up flying though!

I'd rather not get involved with police tbh with you.

Well I originally just thought it was that neighbour but I do live in an estate.

50m away from people and buildings?
Doesnt that mean you can take off, go straight to 50m over the tallest buidling and be good? That's about how high I fly 75% of the time anyways.

Look, if you want to be a good neighbor then take the drone and fly someplace away from this idiot. If you dont care about being a good neighbor to this guy then fly it as you will and let the law protect you. Just make sure you are ALWAYS flying within what law allows and what the police who visited your house are recommending.

No. You need to be 50m left right and all around of any building, houses, car and a person. Going up 50m don't count. I thought it did.

Yeah I go with into the country now about a mile from a house. Sadly I can't get the shots I want here in summer.

Everybody take a deep breath and grow up a little. (Or a lot!!!") This op came on here for some advice. Not a fest of people's problems with authority of any kind. Or a peculiar kind. Now he's saying he may return the quad. Is that what we, as a band of brothers who share a common interest in these quads, what we are trying to project to whoever reads these discussions? Are we not getting the point? We have a brother who shares our intrest. And instead of giving up some really helpful info ,we fight among ourselves. Oh wait. Maybe I'm on Facebook. Nope. It's the Phantom Forum. This is the very reason I no longer look at FB. Drama ,Drama, Drama. Come on. Let's all give our 2 cents and let this person make up their own mind. And if we feel that we simply must have an"i'm right ,no I'M right" verbal slugfest, exchange email addresses or phone numbers and go at it. Nuff said

Everybody take a deep breath and grow up a little. (Or a lot!!!") This op came on here for some advice. Not a fest of people's problems with authority of any kind. Or a peculiar kind. Now he's saying he may return the quad. Is that what we, as a band of brothers who share a common interest in these quads, what we are trying to project to whoever reads these discussions? Are we not getting the point? We have a brother who shares our intrest. And instead of giving up some really helpful info ,we fight among ourselves. Oh wait. Maybe I'm on Facebook. Nope. It's the Phantom Forum. This is the very reason I no longer look at FB. Drama ,Drama, Drama. Come on. Let's all give our 2 cents and let this person make up their own mind. And if we feel that we simply must have an"i'm right ,no I'M right" verbal slugfest, exchange email addresses or phone numbers and go at it. Nuff said

Thank you so much.
I totally agree, and that's the reason I don't use Facebook too ;)

I'm keeping my drone I don't think I can return it.

I am glad you are keeping it. I know you will find a way to enjoy your gift the way it was meant to be enjoyed.
A little bump in the road should not kill your enjoyment!

This does may not apply in the UK but in the US I'd highly recommend that when asked what you will be doing with the photos or video I'd state that they _were_ going to be posted for others to view. The reasoning with this is that the photos would then be considered as "free speech" and protected under the 1st Amendment. Some courts have ruled that if the photos are not going to be shared then it's not freedom of speech.

Freedom of speech is the communication of ideas which included photos.
Whelp he isn't in the US so....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl