Help; Been Reported

Tcope,,,you realize he's in the UK? No first amendment,,no us constitution,,,and you would be one jerk of a neighbor....I can delete photos if my neighbor asks me to and not jeopardize the first amendment,,,let's see some of YOUR lawyer bills and court costs and YOUR successfully defended cases before you start giving legal advice to people.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Tcope,,,you realize he's in the UK? No first amendment,,no us constitution,,,and you would be one jerk of a neighbor....I can delete photos if my neighbor asks me to and not jeopardize the first amendment,,,let's see some of YOUR lawyer bills and court costs and YOUR successfully defended cases before you start giving legal advice to people.

Yes, I knew he was the UK. I mentioned this in my initial post. I also _never_ condoned or recommended flying over such a neighbor. What I _did_ point out is that in the US you _do_ want to claim you are going to post the photos. This gives you much better protection under the US Constitution.

If you really want to read up on this subject I can post some court cases that explain what I'm stating. But it can easily be Googled as well. The point... if you are in the US, agreeing that you won't distribute the photos actually hurts your protection under the US Constitution.

if you are in the US, agreeing that you won't distribute the photos actually hurts your protection under the US Constitution.
Still sounds like your choosing your constitutional rights over being a good neighbor. I get what you are saying....but don't you think in this case the better advice would be to be a good neighbor?

Reactions: Dave from Ok
I appreciate the offer tscope, and hope I don't get challenged by the police. If I were, I'd do what they asked as I do not have the time to bother with it. I'm not worried about losing my rights,,,that's not how it works. If everybody in the country listened to misinformed cops at the exact same moment,,laws would not spontaneously appear on the books. Laws,,,everybody knows,,,are written by lobbyists :)

Reactions: J.James
Still sounds like your choosing your constitutional rights over being a good neighbor. I get what you are saying....but don't you think in this case the better advice would be to be a good neighbor?
I can say it again.... I'm not advocating, endorsing, recommending, agreeing with or condoning that someone ignore their neighbors request. What I _did_ state was that it's better for the person taking photos to specifically state that they will be used for distribution and not only for personal use. I'm pretty sure I avoid (yet again) stating that the OP should ignore his neighbors wishes.

How one exercises their US Constitutional rights is up to them. However, a right you don't stand up for is a right you may lose.

This might only be a person explaining that the taking of the photos is a right under the US Constitution and then agreeing to make an effort to avoid taking those photos. You don't need to piss someone off to express/keep your rights. Sometimes you only need to educate someone.

[P.S. I'm pretty tanked up on some medication so I hope that makes sense]

Reactions: m0j0 and NCFlyGuy
The part I don't understand is that your back garden is bigger than a football pitch yet you are renting it?

In the UK most gardens are tiny. So is the 'garden' you are taking off in just yours or is it a common area?

Nope, its rented, its a shared back garden as I live in a flat, and share it with 3 others, they don't use it much.

The garden belongs to us tenents, random kids don't turn up thinking its a football pitch, its an actaul garden.

There's legal and then there's being a good neighbor.

S

Yes but I stopped when this specific person asked, even though I wasn't trying to get his house on camera anyway.

And good neighbour? I've never met this guy in my life, I don't class him as my neighbour.

But I stopped when he asked? You make out that I went up to his windows and terrorised him.

One, I don't understand by people are saying I'm not a good neighbour, he said he didn't mind me playing with my toy as long as the Camera isn't on his property, and that's what I did, when I was about to film I was just doing a shot at about 2ft of the ground, not even at fence level.

I don't know who the guy is, I've never spoke, nor met him before, but I stopped, even though what I've read up on camera regulations mean I'm doing nothing wrong. And that's the problem to this guy.

I just don't understand why he'd report me to my landlord agency, after he sorted the issue out with me first hand?

I came on here for a little bit of advice, because I got my drone for my birthday, and after this I might return it.

I haven't been very well over the past few years, and I didn't want anymore stress as it can take me back to the first step.

I don't need you guys having a go at me, looking down your noses.

Thank you.

You will not get prosecuted by the CAA if you are flying within the rules, you know what the rules are, right?

You cannot get prosecuted by the police if you do not break the Data Protection Data - see CCTV code of pratice. Good artical here:

www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/11541504/Where-is-the-legal-line-in-flying-drones.html

So were you breaking the rules when your neighour reported you, if not do not worry and fly safe, if you get a visit from the Police then calmy tell them what you were doing and make sure you say what the rules are and tell them you were flying within the rules, so they are satisfied you know how to fly legally. They will probably leave you alone as they need to prove that you were flying legally.

Just make sure you know what the law says about the use of drone/quads and also the use of cameras as when fitted to our quads they become Unmaned Aeriel Systems in the eyes of the law.

You will not get prosecuted by the CAA if you are flying within the rules, you know what the rules are, right?

You cannot get prosecuted by the police if you do not break the Data Protection Data - see CCTV code of pratice. Good artical here:

www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/11541504/Where-is-the-legal-line-in-flying-drones.html

So were you breaking the rules when your neighour reported you, if not do not worry and fly safe, if you get a visit from the Police then calmy tell them what you were doing and make sure you say what the rules are and tell them you were flying within the rules, so they are satisfied you know how to fly legally. They will probably leave you alone as they need to prove that you were flying legally.

Just make sure you know what the law says about the use of drone/quads and also the use of cameras as when fitted to our quads they become Unmaned Aeriel Systems in the eyes of the law.

I agree. I wouldn't stay up at night worrying about this. Erase everything and just chill out. If they wanted you bad enough and thought you're a threat or invading privacy of others, I'm sure they'd already be knocking your door down. Just relax and wait it out. I truly doubt they will come bust your door down and demand your drone and all video/photos. If anything, they'll slap you on the hand and tell you to just be careful and avoid this neighbor. If you're a first time..um..so-called offender..it shouldn't be a big deal. Now, if you see a helicopter with men repelling down to your garden..start worrying. All kidding aside, just relax and let the cards fall where they may. There's nothing you can do about it now.

Reactions: J.James
That's pretty much what I said originally, just delete the photos and not worry about it.

You just have a f..... neighbor who does not have any problems in his own life and is just looking for some. Go somewhere else and enjoy flying.

But I stopped when he asked? You make out that I went up to his windows and terrorised him.
This reply was directed at Tcope, not at you. We are talking the US constitution, that does not apply to you.

Please look at the quote that starts the posts so you know WHO the response is directed at. It is silly for you to get upset or take offense to a post that was not directed at you.

One, I don't understand by people are saying I'm not a good neighbour, he said he didn't mind me playing with my toy as long as the Camera isn't on his property, and that's what I did, when I was about to film I was just doing a shot at about 2ft of the ground, not even at fence level.

I don't know who the guy is, I've never spoke, nor met him before, but I stopped, even though what I've read up on camera regulations mean I'm doing nothing wrong. And that's the problem to this guy.

I just don't understand why he'd report me to my landlord agency, after he sorted the issue out with me first hand?

I came on here for a little bit of advice, because I got my drone for my birthday, and after this I might return it.

I haven't been very well over the past few years, and I didn't want anymore stress as it can take me back to the first step.

Thank you.
Bobby you are getting upset at posts that are not directed or communicating with you. Please look at who is being quoted to see who the response is directed at.

Bobby you are getting upset at posts that are not directed or communicating with you. Please look at who is being quoted to see who the response is directed at.

I just feel like some people are making out that I'm doing it on purpose to piss my neighbour off

Thank you.
Hi listen Bobby dont take offence from other peoples comments on here a lot of the time people dont really get the full picture of what is going on . I cant really understand why your neighbour would go to the council and honestly there is nothing the council can actually do , has your neighbour seen any footage of your film ( probably not ) so get out and go flying and if he comes out again contact the police and tell them you are being harassed .Dont be put off by members on here and please dont give out any info about your personal health otherwise you will be opening yourself up to certain comments which you may feel that hurt and upset you , goodluck and carry on :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: evman
Hi listen Bobby dont take offence from other peoples comments on here a lot of the time people dont really get the full picture of what is going on . I cant really understand why your neighbour would go to the council and honestly there is nothing the council can actually do , has your neighbour seen any footage of your film ( probably not ) so get out and go flying and if he comes out again contact the police and tell them you are being harassed .Dont be put off by members on here and please dont give out any info about your personal health otherwise you will be opening yourself up to certain comments which you may feel that hurt and upset you , goodluck and carry on :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thank you! And thank you for being so understanding.

He ain't said anything again but I haven't been out in the garden flying it so you know. And no he's not seen any footage, nor has he asked too.

Thank you, I'm also very vague about my health because I'm just an incredibly private person.

I just don't want police getting involved

I suspect people without one of these think we can zoom in spy on them, etc. Have you ever offered to show him the footage or is he just pretty anti-social?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik