Help, All sorts of problems after crash

Reaction score
I have done some searching but not finding answers.
Lets start at the begining, Got a new P3 Standard for Xmas, flew it a couple of times with great succsess.
Mid march, had a nice day and thought I'd take here for a spin, didnt go that far out but got a no signal error and before I could do anything it returned to home right through the neighbors pine tree.
Survived the crash with no apparent physical damage, but when I got it out of the tree and home, No Camera.
After deeper diving it apeared the gimble cable was broken. Ok, we've got this, ordered a new cable and then waited for some nice quite time to didassemble and fix.
After repair, still nothing, now asking for all sorts of up dates but cannot do because cannot see sd card,
Pretty good at fixing things and I've seen/read about drones in a lot worse shape than mine being brought back to life with little effort, what am i missing?
Please, my wife is already upset that i crasahed my expensive xmas present and only used it 4 or 5 times, she will be even more pissed if I cant fix or have to spend half the price of new to replace whole camera assmbley

:worried: yes to low, thought imhad it all set but didnt account for straight path home....

Anything can be fixed if you know how. Why did you fly into a tree? RTH altitude set to low?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

That what im looking for is the "know how".... I've tried to fix but cant help feeling that I'm missing something, I cant get any response out of the camera/gimble, yet I have lights on in the camera, and the last time I turned the drone on , I'm getting "critical" error according to the status lights...

Mmmm, i'm afraid your gimble drivers are toasted, possibly because of the damaged flatcable that caused a shortage.

That would be my thoughts if just the gimble didn't work, but have no camera either

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thinking I may have waited to long to replace cable and now everything wants firmware updates but cannot do without seeing SD card, looking for a possible way to update via USB cable or something

Anyone who is the least bit venturous will eventually crash. Nothing to be ashamed of. Things happen even when you have been flying for awhile. The cost of owning a drone. I made a mistake recently and somehow my return to home slider was turned off. I ended up in the Gulf of Mexico. Now I have camera problems. My camera won't go up and down. Just stays limp in the down position.

Reactions: dfbaskwill
Anyone who is the least bit venturous will eventually crash. Nothing to be ashamed of. Things happen even when you have been flying for awhile. The cost of owning a drone. I made a mistake recently and somehow my return to home slider was turned off. I ended up in the Gulf of Mexico. Now I have camera problems. My camera won't go up and down. Just stays limp in the down position.
Limp in the down position may require a little blue pill for the drone!

I have done some searching but not finding answers.
Lets start at the begining, Got a new P3 Standard for Xmas, flew it a couple of times with great succsess.
Mid march, had a nice day and thought I'd take here for a spin, didnt go that far out but got a no signal error and before I could do anything it returned to home right through the neighbors pine tree.
Survived the crash with no apparent physical damage, but when I got it out of the tree and home, No Camera.
After deeper diving it apeared the gimble cable was broken. Ok, we've got this, ordered a new cable and then waited for some nice quite time to didassemble and fix.
After repair, still nothing, now asking for all sorts of up dates but cannot do because cannot see sd card,
Pretty good at fixing things and I've seen/read about drones in a lot worse shape than mine being brought back to life with little effort, what am i missing?
Please, my wife is already upset that i crasahed my expensive xmas present and only used it 4 or 5 times, she will be even more pissed if I cant fix or have to spend half the price of new to replace whole camera assmbley
Is the app asking for "IMU Calibration"?

It was yes, I have since replaced the whole camera and gimble(everything works now), would like to fix/use the old camera and gimble, thoughts?

It was yes, I have since replaced the whole camera and gimble(everything works now), would like to fix/use the old camera and gimble, thoughts?

My friend crashed is P3 in a tree, it fell pretty hard (one arm bent) but he fixed it, but the DJI app was asking for "IMU calibration", the drone could not start, we tried the whole day, in the app to calibrate IMU, it never worked, kept stalling at 2%, I finally by luck stupeld on a YouTube video and the guy was telling to give a good slap on the drone(on the battery), I tought he was kidding but many people where tanking him, so we tried it. My friend held the drone and the camera in place and I gave 2-3 pretty good hits on the battery, tried IMU calibration again, and it worked right away, we could not believe it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj