For the skilled in rebuilding one, I'm selling my P4P

Reaction score
I am a semi-experienced drone pilot that made a mistake. I do real estate photography part time and sometimes do some aerial shots and video for nicer properties. I was shooting one last week, made the mistake of letting my attention wander a little while flying around a big tree, clipped a couple of branches, and the rest is sad history. My P4P stopped, then fell down about 30-40 feet and landed nose down.

Both front arms are bent up a little (might have broken except for the skin I have on it) and, apparently, the gimbal took a hit too. The vertical arm of the gimbal is also cracked (see pics). I guess the way it hit, the arms took the fall and the landing gear is fine. One prop was broken.

The good: The P4P starts up, the GPS works and it sees satellites and the location is spot on, all the motors run, it connects to the controller and you can control all the motors. It connects both to DJI Go and to Litchi (which I have used almost exclusively). I haven't tried again to fly it because, the way the arms look, I think it wouldn't fly well.

The bad: Besides the bent/broken front arms, and the cracked gimbal arm, the camera doesn't appear to be working. I don't know if that is because the camera itself is broken or simply that the connection is messed up from the crash so I can make no promises about it working once someone rebuilds this into a new body with a new gimbal arm or two. But it MAY work.

Here is a link to a public DropBox file with pics and a short video that shows it does still work.

Dropbox - P4P

I need my drone for work. I can't take the time to try to send this somewhere for repair and I don't think I have the skill to try to fix it myself. I also then, need to try to raise a little cash to help me get a new one and get back to work. My little business can be very competitive and even a little lost time being ready to fly can easily cost me clients.

So, if you are interested in this for parts and/or to take it on as a project to rebuild into a new body, then please PM me and give me a reasonable offer. If we agree on that, I'll ship it off to you within a day, UPS standard ground.

What you will get:

The P4P
7 props (4 never used)
Controller
Original box/case
2 OEM batteries (each has about 20-25 cycles and each still gives me at least 20 minutes even at my altitude)
The original charger (I forgot to include that in the pics)
Original wires, papers, etc.

Please PM me through this forum with any reasonable offers and we'll talk.

Bob

Reactions: Neon Euc
I'm thinking $500. If all you need is the body and gimbal arm, and your work, you'd end up with a P4P with a second batt, for only about $700. Even if you have to pick up a gimbal/camera, you could probably still come out under $1000 and that would still be a good deal.
Please let me know what you think.
Bob

I watched your video and the one thing I noticed was the screen was black on the monitor. Is the camera no longer showing a image?

Thx Starz. I'm usually careful to the point of paranoid but got a little lazy/distracted. I had just a couple of really minor bad landings back when I was flying a 3DR Solo but, until now, had 7 months with not even a scratch on the P4P. The P4P is SO MUCH better than the Solo at least with waypoints. The Solo would drift off the mark too often.
Anyway, all that stuff is for another thread. Now just waiting for the P4P Obsidian to arrive in a couple days.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31