Hello from sunny Gloucestershire UK !

Reaction score
Hello lads Garry here , thanks to black Friday I bought my first phantom 3 standard a few days ago and i am hooked, little bit disappointed though as i wanted a drone to track my dogs when we was out but apparently the phantom 3 standard does not have that :(
Would of i been better to of bit the bullet and bought the 4 or want for the mavic pro ?

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Both the Phantom 4 and Mavic Pro models come with ActiveTrack for tracking people/objects. I've never seen anyone try to track a dog, but I suppose it would be possible if the dog does not blend into the ground (e.g. you have a white dog). Also, be aware that dogs might be sensitive to the sonar sensors on the bottom of the Phantom 4 and Mavic Pro.

Tie fishing line to the dog and drone. Tracking would be almost guaranteed to work although messy....

I haven't tried it, but Litchi has a "Track" flight mode that works similar to Active Track. No idea if it work on a small fast moving object....

Welcome to the forum Boxer .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Tie fishing line to the dog and drone. Tracking would be almost guaranteed to work although messy....
LOL don't think that will work with one of these hahaha

Attachments

• 1526326_705375869585274_843321974296513931_n.jpg
    1526326_705375869585274_843321974296513931_n.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 366
It should be able to if your dogs do not blend into the ground.

You need a Phantom 4 or a Mavic Pro. Here is an example:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

looks like i should of got the 4 then over the three , just couldn't resist the £380 price tag of the three ,

So what did you do in the end? Keep the 3 or get the 4? By the way I am also from Gloucester, UK and just got into this drone flying with a P4P+

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31