Hello from Oswestry Shropshire, UK

Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Gareth

I have just purchased a used Phantom 3 standard from a friend who got it in a deal for a Team Associated R/C 1/8th scale buggy. so I'm new to flying a drone though I've only flown this particular drone twice.

It seems that the previous owner though has modified the transmitter somewhat to "improve range", in that it now has an additional two antenna and he warned me not to update the firmware as it causes the drone to only be able to fly within about 50 metres.

I have already ordered another set of rotors as a precaution, these arrived this morning.

I am now really excited to get the drone up in the air, though I've now learned that mine only has a range of about half a mile, it should be sufficient to get some good footage at even that distance. Since one of my work colleagues has asked me to do a video of his fishing lake.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: Turboshed
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983
Thanks.

I aim to learn as much as I can about this amazing bit of kit and also look forward to filming my friends fishing lake, he asked me to as soon as he found out I had a drone with a camera.

This is my third flight with the phantom

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Now it did innitiat a return to home position, I suspect it did this due to where i was standing thanks to wifi interference from the building, I did seem to get a fair few warnings on the screen for low connection.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello all,

My name is Gareth

I have just purchased a used Phantom 3 standard from a friend who got it in a deal for a Team Associated R/C 1/8th scale buggy. so I'm new to flying a drone though I've only flown this particular drone twice.

It seems that the previous owner though has modified the transmitter somewhat to "improve range", in that it now has an additional two antenna and he warned me not to update the firmware as it causes the drone to only be able to fly within about 50 metres.

I have already ordered another set of rotors as a precaution, these arrived this morning.

I am now really excited to get the drone up in the air, though I've now learned that mine only has a range of about half a mile, it should be sufficient to get some good footage at even that distance. Since one of my work colleagues has asked me to do a video of his fishing lake.
Hi Gareth, I am also new here and have had some great advice already , Good luck with your Phantom :).Tom

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31