Hello from Northeast Georgia

Reaction score
Hello, all. I'm a long-time aviation enthusiast, a member of the EAA since 2003, and on the board of directors of one of the most active EAA chapters since 2015. Not a pilot (one of these days), but I've been hanging out at airports for well over a decade. I've decided to take the plunge and buy a P4P V2 (it will arrive Wednesday). I'm scheduled to take my Part 107 exam in two hours. I put a good amount of research into what to buy, and I've been practicing the stick work with a Syma X5C in the meantime. Originally, I was leaning toward the Yuneec Typhoon H Plus, as I really like the hex format, but in the end, I was swayed by the versatility of the P4P, and the variety of software that is available for it.

I look forward to learning a lot. Thanks for having me.

EDIT: I scored 93% on the test. Just waiting for it to show up where IACRA can find it now. ?

EDIT: I checked IACRA about 29 hours after taking the test, and the score was available, so I applied. I didn't realize it until I looked again the next day, but the temporary certificate was issued immediately. Who knew government could work so fast? I wonder if the fact that I had already held a student pilot certificate, so I already had an IACRA account made a difference and sped it up?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: Rich_H
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Congrats on passing your 107!
I haven't taken the plunge yet. I have been offered several "jobs" by realtor friends. I would have no problem with taking phtos and videos; but the editing is holding me back. Seems like that is what makes for a good product.

I'm no pro, but I'm going to give it a shot. Additionally, my grandson has been taking video classes in high school and that's what he thinks (for now, anyway) he wants to do for a profession, so I'm going to see if we can make it a family biz.
Congrats on passing your 107!
I haven't taken the plunge yet. I have been offered several "jobs" by realtor friends. I would have no problem with taking phtos and videos; but the editing is holding me back. Seems like that is what makes for a good product.

Well, my results are available on the IACRA website, so the application has been submitted. I may just get my temporary license before I get my drone, which will arrive on Wednesday. ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl