Hello from Melbourne Australia!

Reaction score
Hello fellow Pilots...

I am fascinated by how different the world looks from the skies, and it has fuelled my urge to see more of this beautiful world of ours. I was a Supply Chain Manager for 10 really good years, today I am a freelance consultant for Supply Chain and Citizen of the World whose interested in getting into some filmmaking.

Here's a travel montage of my hometown, Kuching in Malaysia when I went back during February 2017.

If you have any comments/improvements on the shots of my video, please let me know. I know my tracking /rotating shots is still poor and color correction needs improvement. I will search the forum for advice.

DJI's Mavic Pro is a great invention, I travel everywhere with it these days. Sometimes still hesitant to fly it when visiting other countries, because it attracts unwanted attention, but I will make more effort.

Cheers
Jeremy Toh

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.

Great video footage, pretty awesome environment there. Don’t know the rules on unmanned aircraft there but if you was in the United States and flew over moving vehicles, houses, buildings, businesses... you could probably have issues with the FAA. But again this is just in America... rules overseas are very different sometimes.

Greetings & welcome to the forum.
I like that footage - a lot better than anything I've done.

Hello fellow Pilots...

I am fascinated by how different the world looks from the skies, and it has fuelled my urge to see more of this beautiful world of ours. I was a Supply Chain Manager for 10 really good years, today I am a freelance consultant for Supply Chain and Citizen of the World whose interested in getting into some filmmaking.

Here's a travel montage of my hometown, Kuching in Malaysia when I went back during February 2017.

If you have any comments/improvements on the shots of my video, please let me know. I know my tracking /rotating shots is still poor and color correction needs improvement. I will search the forum for advice.

DJI's Mavic Pro is a great invention, I travel everywhere with it these days. Sometimes still hesitant to fly it when visiting other countries, because it attracts unwanted attention, but I will make more effort.

Cheers
Jeremy Toh

Fantastic video! I love the consistency with the speed of the clips you've used. I'm not sure if you've colour graded either but everything looks good saturation an contrast wise too.

My only suggestion is to work on the panning movements to make them less sharp and more smooth. Also, when pulling back and ascending in a lot of your opening shots, the drone appears stationary for a moment which does reduce the sense of professionalism in the film. Maybe just trim these bits out.

Great work anyway! [emoji3][emoji3][emoji106][emoji106]

Guys, appreciate the encouraging comments.

@macoman I was in NY and San Francisco a couple of months ago. The drone stayed in the bag most of the time. Bumped into a fellow Dronie in the Bay Area, advised me an App to check for air traffic, and told me where I could fly it. So I got some good shots of the AT&T Stadium and the Bay Bridge. Wish I was more rebellious to get some awesome footage of the golden gate bridge but I value coming home in one piece.

@iflyp3s Thanks for the tip. I am still struggling with colour correction, I probably don't understand the basics when adjusting the exposure, saturation and colour. Will look into it. Is there a setting on the controls to reduce the sensitivity of the joystick on the remote? I should search for that in the forum. Thanks for the welcome.

Reactions: iflyp3s and macoman
Is there a setting on the controls to reduce the sensitivity of the joystick on the remote? I should search for that in the forum. Thanks for the welcome.

I haven't checked yet for a software setting to reduce the sensitivity, but if you literally twist the top half of the control sticks they will extend, allowing you to put in more minor and accurate movements!

Don't be worried if the sticks aren't wanting to give - if it's your first time doing it you may need to apply a bit more force. Turn counter clockwise to open and clockwise to close :)

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4