Healthy drones replacement

• Thread starter Deleted member 61170
  • Start date
So I would like to know total flight time, total distance flow per flight and for all flights. Analysis of the flight, error messages, battery life, usage. Maintenance tracking and checklist would be a good idea. Ability to report maintenance and other reports. Reports is my concern with my HD gold account. No reports and so I could go for Pro but the pricing model is based on the number of flights. The more optional data you can figure out from the data would be great. Also, I would want to be able to up load the data from both DJI and Litchi software (and I guess the other 3rd parties). Apps to automate that would be a great benefit.

I would like you to figure a model that makes sense of keeping the records. I'm concerned with more than my current hobby use but moving on to commercial. There are commercial systems but I'm not in a position to justify the cost yet.

I have one P3A but I had to pay HD for 8 aircraft to get 600 flights and maintenance. I would have to pay for 16 aircraft and get 1500 flights to also get reports. But the flights don't stick. I would like to be able to offload the detailed information before it is deleted. So by year. Generate data. Then second year generated data. Third year the first year's data will be deleted in XX days, download your reports/data if you need the data.

I would be up for a reasonable annual fee. I would suggest monthly too so guys that balk at the annual fee could get their feet wet unless you offer like a trial basis.

I know I was blown away by HD when I loaded all my logs from DJI and Litchi...but the inability to keep the data and generate reports is lacking. Thanks!

This is incredible, thank you! I'm really going to have to think about about how I'm going to cover the costs of hosting... as msinger pointed out, that's a hell of a lot of data!

that's a hell of a lot of data!
I think it could be manageable if you store it on Amazon S3. I would not attempt to store it on a web server though. The monthly hosting bill would be insane.

We've done some thinking, and think a credit based model could work very well.

I.e. You top your account up by a multiple of $5, and then uploads will cost $0.10 per month each. In addition to this, it would be good to have 100 free uploads per user, where each upload would be deletable if desired. Pricing models like this have been implemented very successfully with companies like Vultr and DigitalOcean. What do you think? It will be cheap for everyone, will allow people to use the service for free. It will also scale well with storage pricing.

In addition to this - all features would be available even if you choose to stick with the free uploads. Accessibility is key!

A stand alone software would be better especially for us Mac users. So you can view statistics on you computer without the need to upload to a separate sever.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

A stand alone software would be better especially for us Mac users. So you can view statistics on you computer without the need to upload to a separate sever.

Unfortunately software development isn't my forte. I'll definitely have a look in to it though!

I would prefer a desktop solution so that data storage would be my problem. But the cloud is okay. I'm think the per flight cost would get expensive for the user. Right now with 52, if there weren't anything free that would only be about 5 bucks per month. No biggy. But I don't want to just delete records so when I get to 600 records then I'm looking at 60 buck per month and no HD is looking attractive again.

Are there any other models that make sense to the user and the developer?

I'd like to be able to take one of the columns from the flight log and graph it over the time of the flight.

I would prefer a desktop solution so that data storage would be my problem. But the cloud is okay. I'm think the per flight cost would get expensive for the user. Right now with 52, if there weren't anything free that would only be about 5 bucks per month. No biggy. But I don't want to just delete records so when I get to 600 records then I'm looking at 60 buck per month and no HD is looking attractive again.

Are there any other models that make sense to the user and the developer?
Desktop solutions I'm afraid are out of my technical knowhow - I'll work on getting the actual service up and running for now, and then hear you out to find which is the best preferred payment method

I'm going to back up a little.
1) I didn't see this was in the P4 section. Downside of just looking at all new posts. Lowly P3P owner here
2) I was under the assumption that HappyDrones, when you hit your 50, it just stopped. I didn't realize it was just your most recent 50.

That being said, HappyDrones covers what I would need most of the time I think. I can't see a reason why I need a flight more than 50 times ago. But if it wasn't for the auto sync, I'd never upload them.

I agree with the others that a desktop solution would be better. A mobile app may make even more sense. Let the user be responsible for their log data. Or make the option to sync files to Dropbox, Google Drive, or some other cloud storage device. That way you're not responsible for the storage of someone else's flight logs. The cost isn't on you. Then you can still do a standard or a pro version. Just a one time fee. I think you'd get a lot more bite out of that than you would a web based one. It's the subscription model that I think people don't like. Me especially, because my opportunities to fly are so infrequent.

You're already in to web development, so software development wouldn't be a big leap.

If you're heart is set on a web development project, then I think the best model is a flat price per log. For instance, Amazon SES charges me 10 cents for every 1000 emails I send. There is no monthly fee like MailChimp, I pay for what I use. I think that is a reasonable model here too. Revenue would still be infrequent. If you're looking for backers, offer a few "Lifetime memberships" to purchase out of the gate. That would get you up and going at least.

One thing HD doesn't show now is the aircrafts FIRMWARE version. It shows the DJI Go app version, but not the firmware. However, I don't see that in the TXT flight log, so thats probably why.

One thing HD doesn't show now is the aircrafts FIRMWARE version. It shows the DJI Go app version, but not the firmware. However, I don't see that in the TXT flight log, so thats probably why.
I've had a look - I can get in touch with the author of Litchi to see if he can implement this into his log file (unlikely DJI will respond to me, they don't like me very much)

Reactions: Digdat0
Interested !

I'd consider the ad revenue option, but the income is not guaranteed to cover the maintenance and hosting costs. I need to either find some initial funding before I go down that route, or alternatively keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best!

I do like the sound of a standard and pro version, but like many others here hate the pricing structure of healthy drones. It's excessively expensive for what it is. Realistically, they should be charging $5 per month for their top, top package.

I would buy you a few coffees :)

Reactions: Santiego
Nearly got a first prototype working, this looks like it's going to be a fun project!

If you need a beta tester, let me know

I've had a look - I can get in touch with the author of Litchi to see if he can implement this into his log file (unlikely DJI will respond to me, they don't like me very much)

You might want to get ahold of Ken Argo who majes DJI Ultimate Flight. Excellent software and he works hard as a one man show making an excellent piece of software (better than Litchi) in my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic