HDMI Adapter FPV goggles ?

Reaction score
First of all for fpv and filming i much prefer goggles and was just wondering if this hdmi adapter will also output the onscreen display telemetry, in my experience you just don't get the same immersive feeling with a screen and i also found controlling the phantom seems far more natural and gives a far better experience. I don't like the fact you have to rely on a screen now to set the phantom 3 up. Will their be a way to output osd to goggles what do you think. Edit: i do realise this might not be possible to answer yet.

Last edited:
i asked a dji support guy and he said you will be able to get fpv through the remote itself

i asked a dji support guy and he said you will be able to get fpv through the remote itself
to clarify, there will be a USB -> HDMI adapter available around the same time as the batteries that will allow for this, according to Blade over on the rcgroups forum. otherwise, no.

Apple has an iPhone/iPad hdmi out adapter. It mirrors the screen of the iPhone/iPad to HDMI and thus FPV goggles. I use this with my Vision+ and Zeis Goggles. I suppose this will work with the P3 as well.

No it won't work because the port it comes out of will be used up by the cable running from your controller to your apple device. What dji are rumouredto be coming out with is some type of adaptor. I'd say it will be a mini USB cable coming out of the controller into some sort of hdmi/usb splitter so you will have hdmi out to a screen and USB out to your device. Just a guess though.

I have the note 4 and would love the be goggles but I'll wait until the note 5 comes out to see if they have a second version for that instead

No it won't work because the port it comes out of will be used up by the cable running from your controller to your apple device. What dji are rumouredto be coming out with is some type of adaptor. I'd say it will be a mini USB cable coming out of the controller into some sort of hdmi/usb splitter so you will have hdmi out to a screen and USB out to your device. Just a guess though.
The Apple lighning to hdmi adapter also has a lightning port on the other end so cable wise it is no problem to connect both a hdmi cable and the lightning cable from the transmitter. How it works out software wise remains to be seen though.

The Apple lighning to hdmi adapter also has a lightning port on the other end so cable wise it is no problem to connect both a hdmi cable and the lightning cable from the transmitter. How it works out software wise remains to be seen though.

I've tried using the lightning adapter to pass data and HDMI video at the same time but it does NOT work. Only power is passed through the lightning port on the lightning adapter, not data.

It's the same way there is no true usb splitter only usb hubs or selectors. Now you can have hdmi splitters no problem but it'll be interesting to see if they go down the usb/hdmi splitter route because I've not seen it done before.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31