HD-3D gimbal won't rotate on one axis - is it a -2D?

Reaction score
My brand new HD-3D won't budge via the top servo (the yaw I believe). It appears to be 100% frozen in place. The other two rotate freely. I've run it through the calibration tool and after adjustment, it's fine, but the gimbal simply won't budge on that axis? Any reason why?

I have a Hero4 silver mounted (seemingly without any issues?)

Thanks!

Do you mean it physically can't turn, or that it can move but the motor doesn't turn it?

Also, did you plug the cable into the correct port on the gimbal?

csfanos said:
My brand new HD-3D won't budge via the top servo (the yaw I believe). It appears to be 100% frozen in place. The other two rotate freely. I've run it through the calibration tool and after adjustment, it's fine, but the gimbal simply won't budge on that axis? Any reason why?

I have a Hero4 silver mounted (seemingly without any issues?)

Thanks!

Is it mounted on newer version of P2? (It should have hole in bottom of shell to accommodate yaw motor)

It physically won't move

I've plugged the zenmuse cable into the port in the top/back - that part seems correct as I can get responses from it via the calibration software.

Yes, it has a hole in the shell to accommodate the servo motor. I got the P2 just after xmas, so it should be the latest (the remove control has the gimbal control on the top left vs the back)

If it physically won't move, then there's something wrong with it. Perhaps some metal debris got sucked in by the magnets and is jamming the top motor?

It should freely move on the pan axis if its a 3d.

What box did you get? Check the sticker on the back of the GoPro mount. The usb H33D 1.1 will have a sticker stating the model.

Plug into PC and run the assist and goto to upgrade screen and see if it is a 3d or 2d.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez