Have any one fly their P3 in the rain ? if yes what happened ?

Reaction score
Have you ever try to fly your phantom 3 pro when its raining ? if yes what was the result ?

Ive inadvertently flown in very light rain that came on whilst I was inflight and it was OK. On page 40 of the manual it states do not fly in rain, snow or fog. It's not waterproof so no, don't do it, especially given how much you've spent buying and repairing your AC!

Search the forum, there have been several earlier posts both about pilot experience in the rain as well as discussing why it's in general not a good thing to do!

Have you ever try to fly your phantom 3 pro when its raining ? if yes what was the result ?
Raindrops on the lens will mean your images are no good.
I lost a P2V+ once when a rain shower came over as I was bringing it in.
It was 10 metres away and I stopped to wipe my eyes and it took off.
Rain on the electronics is not a good thing.

I was doing a long distance flight a few months ago and was about 20k feet away and the wind changed and a storm blew in. It started to rain HARD .. and the wind picked up. I managed to fly it back for about 13/14 minutes of hard rain/wind. I was 100% sure that it was going to kill the bird and it was going to come down, but it made it back. The phantom was dripping wet, as was I and my RC/tablet/antennas. I dried it all off and flew that same drone the next day after drying it out. Don't recommend it, but i was surprised it did that well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl