Has anyone used Drone Base?

This was the response I received from DB about the missing panos.

"We made an update and refreshed panos to clear out some stagnant ones."

That being said, they stripped out A LOT of stagnant ones then because there are very few options in my area now. Also as far as payouts, I'm 11 for 19. Not bad but obviously room for more and I only complete missions that are 5.0 or higher typically. I have been paid out for a 4.7.

27/62
You have to approach these as an opportunity to practice your skills, and not go out of your way so as not to incur any real expenses.

I know I need to practice my skills, I drove an hour at 7am this morning to map a 50 acre site, everything went great or so I thought. After I got back I found there wasn't a single image on my SD card. Talk about being pissed. I was using drone deploy and the only thing I can think of that happened was I found I had DJI go still running in the background. I didn't notice I didn't have the little camera view window in drone deploy. Back tomorrow morning. Live and learn

Have you tried the maps made easy app?

It has worked well for me, along with dji gs(for ios).

Must of been a good day at drone base. Got 2 client missions within a couple hours. Doing 1 tomorrow it's going to take me about an hour total for $85 and another is going to be about 3 hours of work for $150 (2hrs driving round trip and estimating an hour of flight time it might be less) $150 is super low for me distance and time but I'd like to log some client missions it can only help the program.

nice shot . I'm in the tampa bay area and thinking of trying out DB but don't know where to start ....

...are you 'FAA part 107' certified?

Wonder if Drone Base monitors this page. Just got paid for 3 more missions now am up to 5/11 paid.

Have you tried the maps made easy app?

It has worked well for me, along with dji gs(for ios).

Yes, I used the Maps app this morning when I went back for a do over. I brought an android tablet with me this time so I could check the SD card before I left and it was fine this time
They do...

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
DB will be watching you

I just couldn't resist. lol

Here's the value prop for drone operators as far as I can tell from Drone Base...

1. They provide a list of potential sites to shoot - unclear if these are authorized or not
2. You go shoot the sites
3. They own any works you shoot
4. You go shoot the site using your equipment, your insurance and your transportation to an from
5. You give them the imagery
6. They might pay you for it

Wow. What a deal - for Drone Base. It's like a bad version of Uber. You get potentially nothing and they still get your imagery.

Worst case is something goes wrong on the shoot and now you're liable - anyones guess if Drone Base would actually back you up in that scenario but if I'm a betting man in Vegas I would definitely not make that bet...

That's all true if all you use to measure is the $19 you might get, number 1 is its not for everyone and you can just say no thanks. But the fact they're still in business says there must be a market as the pictures don't get taken by themselves. Some will do it for nothing better to do, and others for experience and some trying to build a portfolio. I'll do client missions but that's about it but someone is doing them

Can anyone give me info on the cardinal directions shots? I have a client mission to do, and according to DB, you treat the front of the building as North, and shoot them that way. I had assumed you shot them true North, South, etc. Kinda confused on this.

Can anyone give me info on the cardinal directions shots? I have a client mission to do, and according to DB, you treat the front of the building as North, and shoot them that way. I had assumed you shot them true North, South, etc. Kinda confused on this.

Ughhhh I spent so much time trying to figure that out I just submitted aprox. True directions. they're not too clear giving out directions yet on what they want.... so there gonna get what I give them

The way I did it using true North they accepted it. Either way your still taking the same angles

...Agreed. That's how I've done it for DB and they've never complained. BTW, keep track of the direction and label the files accordingly and I think you'll have no problem

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures