Has anyone used Drone Base?

simple....set Litchi Pano for the following;

Spherical pano
2 rows
15 shots per row.

Additionally, make sure your aspect ratio is set for 4:3 instead of 16:9

Also you don't have to process. Just upload .jpg files to DB and they'll do the rest.

How do you do this in Litchi?. I tried this yesterday, how does Litchi knows about the 45 degrees?.

If I do this manually the DJI GO app does not tell the exact angulation of the gimbal in degrees.

I am about to start doing a few missions for DB to build my resume. I was supposed to go out this weekend but the weather here in California is not cooperating, been raining and extremely cloudy.

I've been flying for Drone Base since I got my license back in Sep. 9, 2016. From the beta cell sites and beta pano sites. I've been okay with how they do work since they pay fast. I even thought they supported the drone community really well because there is a learning curve for everyone since all are still its infancy. But this last Job that they refuse to pay for really sucks! I accepted a mission to shoot a whole plaza with instructions that are vague, even indicating the wrong side of the street but I followed the map. I gave them a schedule two days to the anticipated shoot. The mission asked for partial cloudy or sunny between 11 to 3. After waiting an hour on site I felt this cloud cover will never fully leave which never did. I see areas of opening despite small I thought the subject area was clear and had good visibility so I went ahead with the mission. I took different video shots of the property and I thought they look good. I uploaded it at 2pm Friday and did not finish due to the large video assets until late of the day. But just know I got an Email from them refusing to pay unless I reshoot because they feel I did not shoot on a "partial cloudy day". I said I'll reshoot if they pay me for both days but they did not want to do that so I just told them to find someone else and not use my assets. So keep in mind that even if you get a guaranteed payout they can decide to say no. Even though the interpretation of what is partial cloudy is a subjective situation. I did the work and I did not get paid, oh well moving on.
sample.jpeg
sample.jpg

I've been flying for Drone Base since I got my license back in Sep. 9, 2016. From the beta cell sites and beta pano sites. I've been okay with how they do work since they pay fast. I even thought they supported the drone community really well because there is a learning curve for everyone since all are still its infancy. But this last Job that they refuse to pay for really sucks! I accepted a mission to shoot a whole plaza with instructions that are vague, even indicating the wrong side of the street but I followed the map. I gave them a schedule two days to the anticipated shoot. The mission asked for partial cloudy or sunny between 11 to 3. After waiting an hour on site I felt this cloud cover will never fully leave which never did. I see areas of opening despite small I thought the subject area was clear and had good visibility so I went ahead with the mission. I took different video shots of the property and I thought they look good. I uploaded it at 2pm Friday and did not finish due to the large video assets until late of the day. But just know I got an Email from them refusing to pay unless I reshoot because they feel I did not shoot on a "partial cloudy day". I said I'll reshoot if they pay me for both days but they did not want to do that so I just told them to find someone else and not use my assets. So keep in mind that even if you get a guaranteed payout they can decide to say no. Even though the interpretation of what is partial cloudy is a subjective situation. I did the work and I did not get paid, oh well moving on.
.View attachment 81887View attachment 81889
I can't say I would really blame them for not paying you for both times if they couldn't use the first. If it was worth your while to do it the first time, wouldn't it be to go back? I just picked up a once a week 100 acre FLIR mapping job that was from a referral from a DB job I did

I can't say I would really blame them for not paying you for both times if they couldn't use the first. If it was worth your while to do it the first time, wouldn't it be to go back? I just picked up a once a week 100 acre FLIR mapping job that was from a referral from a DB job I did

Congrats on getting a good lead!
No, I'm not trying to burn bridges here just a warning to everyone to be aware of what can happen. If its something where I missed a shot required or I did not do it in a timely manner thats on me. But to not pay on a reason thats subjective thats what bothers me and no its not worth doing it twice for what they pay.

I signed up a while back just to get some flight time. I got a little over board and did about 30 missions in my first week. At first it was great considering my goal for flight time then they started rejecting my missions. I got paid $19 for one mission but all the rest got rejected. I decided to delete all and move on. Latter I decided to try again and took three missions and again three days latter all were rejected. I watch a dronebase demo video this morning and it suggested setting your drone camera to 12 megapixel resolution. I have the DJI Phantom 4 Pro + and I can not figure out how or where to change the resolution?

I've currently done 172 missions for drone base after my first 100 I had around $900 now with 172 I am at $1100 does anyone thing this is weird I think I should be around $1600-1800 right now

Anyone having issues with Litchi doing pano missions?.

This weekend I had 4 pano missions. When I ran the 1st mission I launched Litchi using my iPad Mini 4, a hot day in So California ( 95 degrees ), the mission completed without incidents. I packed the Inspire and drove to the 2nd location, this where I started having problems with Litchi. The app started to freeze, by then the Inspire was up in the air at 100 ft, I had just finished taking the beauty shots at roof level and raise the aircraft to the required altitude. So I closed Litchi and re-started it and it froze again, it kept freezing, I noticed how hot the ipad Mini was. I decided to forget it about it and ran the pano mission manually using the DJI GO App.
Then I drove to the third location and same thing happened with Litchi, funny thing is that DJI GO App ran fine, this is when I decided to use Autopilot for a pano mission. I had used AP before for waypoint mission but my first time for a Pano mission. Aircraft was in the air at 100ft when I was fiddling with AP, so decided to run the mission manually and drove home to figure out how to use AP for Pano mission in my back yard.

I want to know how use AP for Pano missions in case Litchi decides to crash in my iPad Mini 4 due to heat.
Have you guys used AP for Pano Missions?. What settings do you recommend?

Anyone having issues with Litchi doing pano missions?.

This weekend I had 4 pano missions. When I ran the 1st mission I launched Litchi using my iPad Mini 4, a hot day in So California ( 95 degrees ), the mission completed without incidents. I packed the Inspire and drove to the 2nd location, this where I started having problems with Litchi. The app started to freeze, by then the Inspire was up in the air at 100 ft, I had just finished taking the beauty shots at roof level and raise the aircraft to the required altitude. So I closed Litchi and re-started it and it froze again, it kept freezing, I noticed how hot the ipad Mini was. I decided to forget it about it and ran the pano mission manually using the DJI GO App.
Then I drove to the third location and same thing happened with Litchi, funny thing is that DJI GO App ran fine, this is when I decided to use Autopilot for a pano mission. I had used AP before for waypoint mission but my first time for a Pano mission. Aircraft was in the air at 100ft when I was fiddling with AP, so decided to run the mission manually and drove home to figure out how to use AP for Pano mission in my back yard.

I want to know how use AP for Pano missions in case Litchi decides to crash in my iPad Mini 4 due to heat.
Have you guys used AP for Pano Missions?. What settings do you recommend?

Yes, I can't use Litchi Pano on my P4P anymore. Does weird things. Stops taking photos, then hovers. Once, I almost lost the drone, kept on wanting to land.

Yes, I can't use Litchi Pano on my P4P anymore. Does weird things. Stops taking photos, then hovers. Once, I almost lost the drone, kept on wanting to land.

I only got Litchi to work once for a Pano. On the second Mission it started doing weird things, taking pictures of the sky, then stopped taking pictures after the 5th one, and yes the aircraft was up in the air hovering while I was sitting in the car waiting for the mission to finish.

I purchased Auto Pilot when it first came out and was using it quite a bit with my Phantom 3 Pro for waypoint missions, this is back then when there was no P4, until one day Litchi was on sale and decided to buy it, haven't used it since. The App is fully functional in my iPad, late yesterday afternoon I launched the aircraft in my back yard, launched AP to start figure to out Pano missions.

I've used Auto Pilot for panos including a few for dronebase.
You can setup in advance, fly to the location you want to start pano and then engage it.
Here are some pictures of settings for mavic pano. It would be slightly different for other drones. Let me know which one you have and I can give guidance.

b1a4c612d9dbdea0c6a46011b0aae6a7.jpg
b7752f1025ff016d7cbbea1592224e93.jpg
3f4f0344ac4db6f43d5294128489fab6.jpg
7c995752dcd9e90ea6357ecdb1c1b83d.jpg
d3b93ec7b84658546eab51d48de7c1d2.jpg
ae983a927606b41452d614c415c1bef8.jpg
6374c3e4fdf5a3cc79d39db3cf7e7fdb.jpg
1bb3190730e2d0f9e451dcae2e941c6b.jpg

Has anyone done a Cardinal Direction Mission with Drone Base. I have my first Mission, it would be beneficial if I can hear from someone who had done this before.

Here are the details of the mission:

Required Shot List
Images - Cardinal Directions (10 ft above ground level)
Adjust if there are trees or obstructions to a higher altitude. Try and keep all cardinals at same altitude.

Images - Cardinal Directions (100 ft above ground level)
You may need to get farther off property as you increase height for your cardinal directions.

Image - Birds Eye Photo looking straight down (entire property in frame)

Noob here... but I just had a thought / conversation starter.. .Dronebase pay is low... by any standard and there is def. value to the experience and making a little money here and there is cool and I see people are getting bigger jobs from that.

With that being said.. what if you did Panos and or the beauty shots and a short video and solicited the realtors yourself and still offered it at a low-ish price. Then you're taking the middle man out of it, using the same model... Just curious as to others thoughts on this. I understand they edit, market it, etc...Just interested in hearing thoughts on this.

@1ifbydrone I'm in agreement with your plan. It is my contention that Dronebase is he'll bent on cataloguing even property, residential and commercial at insulting prices. Their vision of the future is to have a database with any address on file and ready to provide to realtor at 49.95 a pop. I could be wrong?

When I've been able to chat with property owners, they have never heard of Dronebase and have no idea why I'm filming.

Last edited:
@1ifbtdrone I'm in agreement with your plan. It is my contention that Dronebase is he'll bent on cataloguing even property, residential and commercial at insulting prices. Their vision of the future is to have a database with any address on file and ready to provide to realtor at 49.95 a pop. I could be wrong?

When I've been able to chat with property owners, they have never heard of Dronebase and have no idea why I'm filming.

Yea not sure if it's my plan or not, just curious as to other's thoughts. I have a 16 year old son and we've talked about it a bit, would be great summer gig for him. I own a coding bootcamp and I think some automation through a web app would be fairly easy (to handle payments, communications, etc..) I think you could also data scrap realtor sites for new listings etc, and create your own model of what properties to cover.

I just wonder if you sent a watermarked package of images/video to a realtor if they could easily purchase that with a link (to get un-watermarked images/video), if you could just forgo Dronebase and essentially do the same thing but begin to be the "dronebase" of your own community and anywhere you want to cover. You would still have to undercut competition for this to work and I know there are many people who have strong opinions on that, but I think it could be an opportunity in the space.

Yea not sure if it's my plan or not, just curious as to other's thoughts. I have a 16 year old son and we've talked about it a bit, would be great summer gig for him. I own a coding bootcamp and I think some automation through a web app would be fairly easy (to handle payments, communications, etc..) I think you could also data scrap realtor sites for new listings etc, and create your own model of what properties to cover.

I just wonder if you sent a watermarked package of images/video to a realtor if they could easily purchase that with a link (to get un-watermarked images/video), if you could just forgo Dronebase and essentially do the same thing but begin to be the "dronebase" of your own community and anywhere you want to cover. You would still have to undercut competition for this to work and I know there are many people who have strong opinions on that, but I think it could be an opportunity in the space.
I'm a developer by trade; 20 plus year veteran. I built Drone Pilots Directory. It seemed like a no-brainer to me that budding drone businesses would do everything they can to get some SEO bump/exposure on the web - they don't :p I could build out that site to host drone tours; for X dollars remove the watermarking and provide a vanity url. DroneBase is showing something like: "Buy this for $49.00". I'm not sure $49.00 would be sustainable if we were to go out and fly a curated list of real estate on the market. It may be sustainable for DroneBase where they only have to pay $76.00 for every ten flights/listings and not suffer any overhead as far as drone equipment, time and transportation to and from gigs. It looks like I can capture 20 or so gigs per tank of gas. Take the cost of gas out of my meager DroneBase earnings and there ain't much left to pay the mortgage.

Reactions: Jonathan Huff

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik