Has anyone used Drone Base?

Has anyone done a Cardinal Direction Mission with Drone Base. I have my first Mission, it would be beneficial if I can hear from someone who had done this before.

Here are the details of the mission:

Required Shot List
Images - Cardinal Directions (10 ft above ground level)
Adjust if there are trees or obstructions to a higher altitude. Try and keep all cardinals at same altitude.

Images - Cardinal Directions (100 ft above ground level)
You may need to get farther off property as you increase height for your cardinal directions.

Image - Birds Eye Photo looking straight down (entire property in frame)

I have done 3 of these, have another scheduled today. Although mine were 100 ft and 350 ft. They show some examples on the mission details but just make sure you are far enough away to see the entire property, and have the camera angled up enough so you see a bit of sky in the shot.
I found it easiest to do one altitude first, then the second. Position yourself facing directly North, or South, etc, take the shot, then move in a circle around the property. That way when you get back to your computer you can easily label all the shots with the proper direction.

Reactions: AeroEyez
@1ifbydrone I'm in agreement with your plan. It is my contention that Dronebase is he'll bent on cataloguing even property, residential and commercial at insulting prices. Their vision of the future is to have a database with any address on file and ready to provide to realtor at 49.95 a pop. I could be wrong?

When I've been able to chat with property owners, they have never heard of Dronebase and have no idea why I'm filming.

Its pretty clear that for the Pano missions they are simply pulling MLS listings, ie properties that are for sale, and then trying to sell those images to realtors or data companies (zillow.com)

Its pretty clear that for the Pano missions they are simply pulling MLS listings, ie properties that are for sale, and then trying to sell those images to realtors or data companies (zillow.com)

I wonder if it's worth building out a web application, that you enter the photos/video/pano to when youre done, then contact the realtors and lead them to that page and they can purchase the photos/video/pano from there and it's all tracked and taken care of there... would individuals pay to use this service?

Only cost time to find out.

I'm in agreement with 1ifbydrone and FlashBuddy, while no one is going to send kids to college or pay mortgage working for Dronebase there is value in the experience building a resume working commercially under part 107. The exposure to dealing with all sorts of situations ( weather, terrain, obstacles ) while flying to make a few bucks is priceless IMHO.

Honestly, that's what I am trying to do here, trying to put the foot in the door. Eventually the goal is to get enough business to cover operating expenses and the rest to help put food on the table.

I'm curious what type of money is available say on a monthly basis doing these contracted flights. Regardless, if a person is going to have their remote pilot license I would recommend starting a DBA and sell yourself with a little effort. A website and some grass roots advertising can go a long way. I started our business last June. It took a couple months to get some business generated, but now we are doing near 10 gigs a month. Our hourly rate and site visit minimum is $120, unless its something as simply as a single aerial photo. We would do that for $75 within our local service area. Yet about 2-3 gigs a month are larger gigs like $450-$1000. My wife and I have each a job and three kids with one on the way. This is a side business, but could totally sustain many different lifestyles depending on your available time and will to succeed. Aerial is the new standard. Get on board and don't miss the train. Many will capitalize. Many will be lazy and fearful. Which will you be? So far every bit of investment we've put in has paid off. I figure its time to think bigger! God bless your efforts!

Reactions: OkiePhlyer
...I would recommend starting a DBA and sell yourself with a little effort. A website and some grass roots advertising can go a long way. I started our business last June. It took a couple months to get some business generated, but now we are doing near 10 gigs a month.

Good for you!...you're right. I've started a similar DBA w/web presence in Maryland and fly occasionally for DB, but the keyword here is OCCASIONALLY. I've tried to generate some of my own clients, but so far not a lot of luck. If you wouldn't mind, could you share some guidance on your "grass roots advertising"...who do you take ads with? email, radio, print, maybe TV??? feel free to PM me if you want to stay confidential.

I'm curious what type of money is available say on a monthly basis doing these contracted flights. Regardless, if a person is going to have their remote pilot license I would recommend starting a DBA and sell yourself with a little effort. A website and some grass roots advertising can go a long way. I started our business last June. It took a couple months to get some business generated, but now we are doing near 10 gigs a month. Our hourly rate and site visit minimum is $120, unless its something as simply as a single aerial photo. We would do that for $75 within our local service area. Yet about 2-3 gigs a month are larger gigs like $450-$1000. My wife and I have each a job and three kids with one on the way. This is a side business, but could totally sustain many different lifestyles depending on your available time and will to succeed. Aerial is the new standard. Get on board and don't miss the train. Many will capitalize. Many will be lazy and fearful. Which will you be? So far every bit of investment we've put in has paid off. I figure its time to think bigger! God bless your efforts!

I just looked at your website ad thought it was fantastic! I hope your business continues to grow. Good luck!

Reactions: Skyborne4D
Good for you!...you're right. I've started a similar DBA w/web presence in Maryland and fly occasionally for DB, but the keyword here is OCCASIONALLY. I've tried to generate some of my own clients, but so far not a lot of luck. If you wouldn't mind, could you share some guidance on your "grass roots advertising"...who do you take ads with? email, radio, print, maybe TV??? feel free to PM me if you want to stay confidential.

The only money I have spent on marketing and advertising has been first business cards then a website domain name and email hosting then for the sake of professionalism I had some T-shirts and polos made with our logo. I have probably done 5 gigs for free just to be able to get quality photos and video to turn into marketing material. when I say Grassroots advertising, this typically refers to little to no expense efforts on Advertising such as leaving business cards at restaurants gas stations quickie lubes any place of business that allows you to post or leave a business card do so. we have yet to create a trifold flyer or perhaps a postcard flyer but this is another Grassroots method to disperse your name and what you can do. another form of Grassroots advertising is cold calling. go to the folks that are the ones most likely to have a need for your service that also you realized may spend a lot of money on Advertising such as car dealerships wineries collegessports bars high end restaurants assisted living facilities the list is endless.I recommend visiting every single real estate office as far as you are willing to drive but make sure you are prepared to offer a quality product.I have spent the last two weeks trying to find tune our web presence to increase our search ability ranking. in today's day in age the internet is the answer for everyone's Curiosities business needs Etc if a drone business wishes to succeed they will have to have a presence online at the very least with a website but I would also recommend maintaining as many social media sites as possible. I started this business just over a year ago and I would guess we have probably spent a total of $5,000 investing in this business. any business Guru will tell you that it all comes down to return on investment. with where I see drones and they're commonality and uses in the future not to mention the fact that Ariel is becoming the new standard the potential for businesses with drones is astronomical.a drone business will only be limited by their willingness to learn and invest. good luck to all.

thanks!

last month down in FL i was driving by an open house , pulled over droped a couple of cards with the girl that was showing the house and the next day i got a call from her boss with a job , big house by the water. i did the inside with handheld cam and a few outside shots with the drone . 475$ and booked another property inthe bradenton area with the same realtor . it takes time to get the ball rolling but it pays off . keep in mind i drive a big vehicle (hummer H2) so every job i pick the gas expense its always taken care of from the get go with a 75 fee just to show up and see the property . i got down to as low as 35$ if the property was near by . since i just moved to LA here a drive a smaller car so i need to rethink the fees according to the customers location and needs . the must i charged down in FL was 120 to show up 250 per hour for a big wedding where the brides dad was covering all the $$$ and hired me for 4 hours including all the editing time it took me 1 hour extra to get things done so 1120$ for a total of 6 hours including the drive time . i could off gone to best buy an got another drone :):):):)... but thats not like i do jobs like this every week ...

Reactions: bow
I was a big supporter in the beginning...but now it’s gone to crap. There’s obviously another pilot in my area since I get the client mission email and it’s already gone in 5 minutes before I can even open it. Got one last week offering $40 hell no am I doing that by the time I drive to the location I’d lose money.

Let me know how it continues to go

Ok, I'll update this thread. I uploaded the vids about 1.5mths ago. I had LA, NY, and St Louis skyline. The St. Louis one sold. It's a unique shot, nothing like it on Gettys. I can understand why it sold and maybe others haven't. Maybe I should have sold it direct on Gettys [emoji849]

Anyone know if drone base still pays for panos on commercial properties? Got a cluster of them near another job, figured I could knock them out in 20mins with Litchi and a couple batts. Don't want to waste my time if they aren't paying

Do those of you who do these missions regularly select properties to photograph according the the Drone Base rating, or do you photograph them all? I have been clicking on some of them and they all seem to be between 40% and 60% probability.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik