has anyone successfully set up dji goggles to work with P3P with HDMI Module added?

Reaction score
I have upgraded my P3P to the HDMI module and it works fine if I plug into a TV HDMI input. It will display my litchi app or DJIgo app perfectly on the TV.

The googles, however, insist on a complicated, convoluted setup procedure before you can use the goggles. The default is for an inspire drone but the list is short. there is no phantom 3 pro available (probably because the HDMI module is newly available.) I've tried every choice, but everything just hangs up.

I guess if I could simply plug the goggles into an HDMI port on something and watch a movie, then I would be happy. Then I could simply plug in the googles into my remote's HDMI and the usb into my tablet and do FPV? Why the instance that I 'set-up' the googles for a non-existent drone?

H
I have upgraded my P3P to the HDMI module and it works fine if I plug into a TV HDMI input. It will display my litchi app or DJIgo app perfectly on the TV.

The googles, however, insist on a complicated, convoluted setup procedure before you can use the goggles. The default is for an inspire drone but the list is short. there is no phantom 3 pro available (probably because the HDMI module is newly available.) I've tried every choice, but everything just hangs up.

I guess if I could simply plug the goggles into an HDMI port on something and watch a movie, then I would be happy. Then I could simply plug in the googles into my remote's HDMI and the usb into my tablet and do FPV? Why the instance that I 'set-up' the googles for a non-existent drone?

Just a followup-
I did get it working. Seems it was not registered properly. Now it works with the HDMI but the picture is disappointing. Looks like it's very low definition. maybe 640X??? . I selected 4k X 300fps bit didn't seem to help. BTW, if the screen looks fuzzy and out of focus, try a cheap pair of reading glasses from walmart. If you take the drone inside with you, you can try on different powers until you find one that works clear. Unfortunately, they only go up to 3 power. I had to go to my optometrist to get the 5 that I needed.

LOL I received my DJI Racing Edition Goggles a few days ago and finally got to open them up tonight and connect to my various quads and also ended up needing to use my 'cheater' reading glasses so things were clear. Wish I had the $ when my eyes were younger....

LOL I received my DJI Racing Edition Goggles a few days ago and finally got to open them up tonight and connect to my various quads and also ended up needing to use my 'cheater' reading glasses so things were clear. Wish I had the $ when my eyes were younger....
Yes. Got the DJI goggles and wow, reading classes are required. The other option is to buy a pair of focus vision lenses. They $50 though. Ouch

Another question with this thread. I can get the googles hooked to control with the mini HDMI Can I also use my tablet. Don’t know yet cause I had to get the HDMI MinI adaptor To try to hookup together. Anybody doing both

I used thay years ago, so I'm not entirely sure.. but wasn't there HDMI configuration in Dji Go options if you have the module hooked? If it's possible to have both outputs active, then you'll find an option for it.

EDIT: Yeah, it's described in detail in a currently second post in this sub-forum.

Yes. I just used both and could see streaming on iPad and goggles. I did notice there was a slight delay on the iPad while using both. The goggles use the HDMI and the iPad using the standard connection. Notice that you have to adjust shutter speed and adjust brightness. Not perfect but happy so far. I’ll keep reporting as I got better at using

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic