DJI Goggles - Question About HDMI Port

Reaction score
[RE: the mini HDMI port ]

I have tried to use this as an HDMI out port... to no avail. Would someone kindly/please advise me if this is even possible?
Here is why/how:

it would be great to be able to run an HDMI cord from my goggles to a computer monitor/tv, so as to fly the drone while my friends and/or clients wear the Goggles, or vice versa. This is basically so we can both see the same thing, yet I can fly the drone... (for obvious saftey and $$ reasons).

Before someone asks, "Eh hem,... just how are you going to hook up a monitor outside and fly??" (-0- doubt that was coming), I will preemptively explain.
See.. it's kinda like... "technology". Not too long ago they came out with USB powered monitors, but... even before that - some brilliant Godsend invented the extension cord.

Sincere thanks for your reply!

FYI: I have the Phantom IV, which (if you do not have the HDMI module for your controller, like myself
107_2x.gif
), requires you to take the USB plug from the controller and then plug the goggles in AFTER you take off (aka: in mid-flight), OR you are restricted to like 10ft altitude. I am not sure who the math wizards are that assumed this was a greatidea, but... quite frankly it sucks.

Most likely, it is to avoid people taking off with just the vision of the goggles, but... they make them tilt upward for a reason. ANYWHO... I have tried to make cable management better by using a USB switching device (not "splitting" device, they definitely do not work) attached to the controller's USB port.
I found one at Newegg, and felt surely it would work. It doesn't. Just so you know, it is this device -
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817366050

That is just FYI for those looking for a solution, to keep from having to plug in and unplug the infamous USB Type A connections in mid-flight.

Cheers!
79_2x.gif

Similar thread available here:

Streaming video from one RC controller to two DJI Goggles

Unfortunately from a few months ago, no resolution was posted, I imagine its the same people that run this form that run mavicpilots...yet my account doesn't work there. Anyway, I too would like to know the answer to this, I don't have two sets to test it out, but I do have 2 types of HDMI splitters, which is definitely what you'll need coming from the P4P RC into, then output 2 x male HDMI to mini HDMI to both goggles. The only problem I forsee is the in the software options; like head/gimbal control (etc). I don't believe there's any option in there to choose a "specific" headset, its one or none. So if you could get it working, then theoretically you will be limited with the view if its possible. Someone has indicated it is possible, but we'll have to wait for more educated or experienced minds to jump into this post.

RoOSTA

HDMI port on the dji goggles is HDMI input port and will not work as output port.

HDMI port on the dji goggles is HDMI input port and will not work as output port.

The HDMI port on the RC is output 720p right? If so, the suggestion is 1 HDMI male to male cable intop a HDMI splitter (powered) with the 2 output HDMI cablesd (male to mini) going to both goggles (input).

RoOSTA

Yes hdmi splitter on RC side should work to give two hdmi ports.

Have you trried it, or do you have the equipment to test?

Thanks for your replies. I do appreciate any help, but I would really just like to know about the HDMI port ON the Goggles; specifically,

"does it function as an HDMI 'out' port", as described in my question? IDK? I've tried it.. doesn't work for me.

Oh, well that's a simple answer. The answer is no.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl