Has anyone else made this strange mistake?

The most important thing I learned from all of this is the correct spelling of gimbal...seriously...as a former spelling bee state champion I was embarrassed I missed that one.

Sorry I left everyone speechless. All of your advice was appreciated very much.

I got my new P4A yesterday and after all of the firmware updates and a little bit of uncooperative weather here in Denver today I just completed its inaugural flight. I was so excited and I had a little bit of an audience which was a little bit anxiety inducing - especially once I realize that the quad that had the firmware update but I had not updated the firmware on the remote so they all got to sit there and stare at me while that went through its paces. Anyway I get it up in the air and I can't control the gamble at all and I don't know why.... until I landed and looked at it. The padded soft styrofoam - kind of a soft rubbery stabilizer that fits behind the gimble, well - I missed it and failed to remove it. DJI seemed to go out of their way to make that piece of shipping foam almost the same exact color of the gimbal itself. There was a tiny little red sticker on there with an "!" saying in tiny print to remove before flight. But it was easy to miss it and I did. I wish DJI would make it stand out so you know it shouldn't be there. But, I also shouldn't have launched without testing my gimble movements first. Just thought I'd share my dumb mistake in an effort to prevent anyone else from doing the same thing. You know, the good ole "if it saves just one child" concept. [emoji38]

It's been pouring rain ever since I landed and I its about to clear up I hope everything works as it should. I'll report back. Any suggestions or advice I'm all ears.
I was super careful unpacking, followed the vids etc., so I did not miss anything. However, not long into it, in the field for a survey and I did not check, (thump lightly upwards), my blades. Well as you can see in your mind's eye, the rear black took to the air, the bird listed to it's side, and i never did find the missing propeller. Always check the blades!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor