Has anybody got their pre ordered Flytrex yet?

Ordered on May 21. I've had some communication with them and they have released the P3 manual at the end of July, but I am guessing they are really busy with their new product, the Sky. It will be a nice surprise when it finally comes.
That's insane, order in May and it's now September !! It'll be outdated before it arrives.

Has anyone had any recent contact with Amit or any other type of flytrex support?

I haven't been in contact in the last couple of weeks. Tracking of my shipment (they sent me the tracking number on the 3rd of Sept):

11/09/2015 02:11 The EMS item has handed over to customs processing in the United States.
10/09/2015 12:40 The EMS item arrived to the EMS Sorting in the United States .
08/09/2015 20:53 The EMS item was sent to the United States.
08/09/2015 14:24 The EMS item is being forwarded to the EMS sorting center before sending it abroad.

Has anyone had any recent contact with Amit or any other type of flytrex support?
Got an email from Rebeccah over the weekend promising it had been picked up, but still no info on the EMS site for the tracking number they sent so not sure what to believe.

I also got a tracking number, but still says "no information" since last Thursday.

I've been rather vocal with support about the shipping delays (and constantly moving estimated ship date). I have a feeling they might have sent out a batch of (of course, not intentionally, wink) incorrect shipping numbers.

Honestly, I get sometimes there are delays or other issues, but the lack of transparency has made me seriously reconsider purchasing from them again. No doubt, they're the only people (currently) doing what they're doing, but as someone was considering purchasing a Flytrex Sky, I now have serious doubts.

I also wasn't happy that they sold the Flytrex 3G without stating anywhere, at least at the time, that it was only dual band, and that my model wouldn't work in Europe.

Again, it's one thing to have problems, every company does, especially the young ones. It's another to be so opaque about those issues. In the enthusiast community, a little openness goes a long way...

Reactions: SENC
I pre ordered my Flytrex for the p3 June 6 I was just wondering if anybody has gotten their pre orders yet.

I received mine yesterday (09-17-15). Installed it and it is a dud. It will not pass the initialization with a sim card in it. Only when the sim card is removed. Bought another sim card and still the same problem. Both sim cards work in both of my Flytrex Live 3G P2 versions.

That's it for me. I have been waiting for over 2 months and all I have is this lemon that is going to take another month or so to get replaced. I'll just have to be happy with and trust my Trackimo to find the P3 if it flies away. My P3P and everything with it have been nothing but problem after problem. If I could put the camera on one of my P2's I could be having fun instead of aggravation after aggravation.

I hope that those that took me up on my recommendation of Flytrex are having better luck! If not, I'm sincerely sorry that I recommended Flytrex.

What really makes me mad is that I tried to cancel my order over a week before they finally shipped it but the request was ignored, now I am stuck and don't have any reasonable alternative but to return it and demand a refund or wait another month or so (which I really don't care to do) for a replacement.
Truthfully, I regret ever buying the P3. The first one arrived DOA and I have been afraid to fly this one until the Flytrex arrived. Well at least now I can go on the postponed vacation trips that I had hoped would have included the P3.

I got my tracking number, and it didn't update for a week. Clearly a deceptive practice on the part of Flytrex.

If it arrives DoA or missing parts, my first call will be to my bank to contest my two month old charge to them, then I'll tell Flytrex to shove it.

They're extremely lucky no American company has decided to do what they do. Granted when it works it's a slick product, but given all the advancement in the past few years, it can't be that difficult to create a 3G data logger and requisite back end services.

Reactions: SENC
I got mine the other day it doesn't work either
I received mine yesterday (09-17-15). Installed it and it is a dud. It will not pass the initialization with a sim card in it. Only when the sim card is removed. Bought another sim card and still the same problem. Both sim cards work in both of my Flytrex Live 3G P2 versions.

That's it for me. I have been waiting for over 2 months and all I have is this lemon that is going to take another month or so to get replaced. I'll just have to be happy with and trust my Trackimo to find the P3 if it flies away. My P3P and everything with it have been nothing but problem after problem. If I could put the camera on one of my P2's I could be having fun instead of aggravation after aggravation.

I hope that those that took me up on my recommendation of Flytrex are having better luck! If not, I'm sincerely sorry that I recommended Flytrex.

What really makes me mad is that I tried to cancel my order over a week before they finally shipped it but the request was ignored, now I am stuck and don't have any reasonable alternative but to return it and demand a refund or wait another month or so (which I really don't care to do) for a replacement.
Truthfully, I regret ever buying the P3. The first one arrived DOA and I have been afraid to fly this one until the Flytrex arrived. Well at least now I can go on the postponed vacation trips that I had hoped would have included the P3.
I got mine the other day its doing the same thing yours is this is the second one I've had the other being for the p2 that had this problem the last one I try to get a refund and they never got back to me

I got my tracking number, and it didn't update for a week. Clearly a deceptive practice on the part of Flytrex.

If it arrives DoA or missing parts, my first call will be to my bank to contest my two month old charge to them, then I'll tell Flytrex to shove it.

They're extremely lucky no American company has decided to do what they do. Granted when it works it's a slick product, but given all the advancement in the past few years, it can't be that difficult to create a 3G data logger and requisite back end services.
My shipping has always been slow. But Amit or Rebekka have always been quick to reply if I had a question or an issue. I had a question yesterday and they responded within hours.
I sent them a message to please come and address the qestions on this page.
(FWIW I've owned every Flytrex device they have sold since the beginning and also have the Flytrex Sky on order) I have much faith is these developers and believe they make the best product you can buy for tracking,mapping, locating and monitoring your UAV.

I also received mine on 9/17 and I installed and it worked great. My problem is that I when ordered the cable and unit there wasn't any option to order the mounting bracket. I just assumed it came with it. I modified a Shapeways mounting bracket that I had tried on my Phantom 2 plus and it worked well. I have ordered the other one, but this works fine for now!
FullSizeRender.jpeg

My shipping has always been slow. But Amit or Rebekka have always been quick to reply if I had a question or an issue. I had a question yesterday and they responded within hours.
I sent them a message to please come and address the qestions on this page.
(FWIW I've owned every Flytrex device they have sold since the beginning and also have the Flytrex Sky on order) I have much faith is these developers and believe they make the best product you can buy for tracking,mapping, locating and monitoring your UAV.

And I meanwhile haven't heard from them in about a week.

Goto there Facebook page. Everyone who post seems to get an answer

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

yes I have mine as well. works perfect. these guys are slow but do a great job for a good price.
This unit is much more complex thatn the last 3g model. I have purchased the original core. 2 3gs and this latest one for the P3.
All work as described. I'm also on the list for the Flytrex Sky.

Which provider's sim card are you using? Maybe it's an issue with H2O wireless sims. Although that is the provider Flytrex recommended that I use.

I got mine the other day it doesn't work either

I got mine the other day its doing the same thing yours is this is the second one I've had the other being for the p2 that had this problem the last one I try to get a refund and they never got back to me

Which provider's sim card are you using? Maybe it's an issue with H2O wireless sims. Although that is the provider Flytrex recommended that I use.

Doubtful its a SIM issue. My first L3G on my V+ was DOA. Get a refund, and order one locally. They'll be showing up at distributors soon.

Goto there Facebook page. Everyone who post seems to get an answer

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

The problem with that is I and I'm sure others don't want to be on Facebook. They have a blog on their website and I have asked them to please mirror the information to their blog but I haven't had any success yet. Not holding my breath.

It's a shame, because when their products work, they are worth having. Still ahead of any other trackers that I have tried.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20