Has anybody got their pre ordered Flytrex yet?

I'm curious if your P 2 Flytrex shows your starting altitude at your current elevation above sea level or ground level? My P 2 Flytrex shows starting altitude above sea level, but my P 3 Flytrex shows starting level at ground level. Anyone else seeing the same??
Because of my rural location on the P2 Flytrex didn't connect until I was 20'-30' above ground level although it would stay connected all the way to the ground until shutdown. It gave altitude from sea level but it differed about -10' compared to Google Earth's elevations. My elevation ASL varies between 100' to 135' (front vs. back yard).

You might want to compare your elevation with different devices to find the true ground level. My Samsung Note 4 is pretty much right on with Google Earth and with county maps so DJI P2/Flytrex is definitely off. To be honest I can't recall if the P3 reports correct altitude or not as I'm so paranoid flying it after losing the P2 to a malfunction I pretty much take off visually and don't even look at the monitor until I'm abut 100' high. :eek: My P2 suddenly tipped over on it's stern side, accelerated wide open to 50-55 MPH, and continued sideways descent until it hit the ground. The Hero 3 Black + was about the only salvageable part left. That's the Flytrex mounted on the left leg for better reception.

Because of my rural location on the P2 Flytrex didn't connect until I was 20'-30' above ground level although it would stay connected all the way to the ground until shutdown. It gave altitude from sea level but it differed about -10' compared to Google Earth's elevations. My elevation ASL varies between 100' to 135' (front vs. back yard).

You might want to compare your elevation with different devices to find the true ground level. My Samsung Note 4 is pretty much right on with Google Earth and with county maps so DJI P2/Flytrex is definitely off. To be honest I can't recall if the P3 reports correct altitude or not as I'm so paranoid flying it after losing the P2 to a malfunction I pretty much take off visually and don't even look at the monitor until I'm abut 100' high. :eek: My P2 suddenly tipped over on it's stern side, accelerated wide open to 50-55 MPH, and continued sideways descent until it hit the ground. The Hero 3 Black + was about the only salvageable part left. That's the Flytrex mounted on the left leg for better reception.

Tough crash!!
This is what I mean as far as elevation. I'm not worried about the 20 or 30 feet difference that is possibly from the limits of the barometer.
This is the P3 Flytrex - note the MAX ALT and MAX ASCENT are the same denoting Ground Level as the reference point.
Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 6.54.52 AM.png

This is my P2 Flytrex - note the MAX ALT is the MAX ASCENT plus the 700 ft sea level which was the starting point.
Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 6.55.31 AM.png

Do you see the same??

Do you see the same??

It seems all P3s are doing the same within a few feet. I don't think Flytrex has got this new Live + working right yet. Notice there's no temperature on the Flytrex flight pages either. Amit claimed they are coming out with firmware updates soon to fix some of the problems and add more features. If you use the phone app you will see some of the live flights with the P3 show from a home location to off the coast of Africa, (0 lat. - 0 lon.). At least yours is working somewhat while others can't get it to work right at all. They also claimed they are in the midst of updating the Web pages to correct some errors and help folks trying to find stuff.

It's a small outfit with perhaps 15 people working there, mostly engineer types, and they have a lot to learn about running a retail business.

The Flytrex app on both my iPhone 6s Plus and iPad Air 2 constantly crashes. Anyone else having this issue?
Works fine on my iPhone 6s Plus with latest iOS. But it's not a great app, that's true. They should update it, so at least the operator name and time is not that huge!

If anyone is looking for one of these but worried about shipping delays, pm me. Mine finally arrived but I've decided I don't want to use it. I have the live 3g+, adapter, and mount - all still unopened in original packaging.

Do you still have it? If so what are you asking for it, the cable adapter and the mount bracket?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20