Hands on experience Phantom 3 - 4K plus Inside the hood Pictures

The point is getting good clarity and no dropouts or more lag within your reach.

I second that, i am not bothered about any mega distance records just rock solid FPV like you say, which i think is the main thing we have all been worried about. The good thing we have all learnt tho is even with auto GPS setting we clearly have nothing to worry about. Yippeee.

Reactions: johnjay
I was going to buy one from the US after being told from dji they would be factory set from dji according to were they were going to be shipped to, and i was willing to pay a lot of extra money here in the UK with imports and tax charges to get a FCC model, but there are a a lot of experts on here who have pointed out this is not the case, and infact it will be auto set by GPS so it wont make a difference. Mohan has flown amazing distances auto set in the CE mode so there is no need to worry.
I am in US on regular basis. So no tax :)

No. All I'm saying is based on the two FCC grants that the P3's on-board LB transmission 'system' has a conducted power rating of 0.746 watts or ~28.7dBm.

There may be as many as 4 antennas.
Sorry I thought you were saying there were physical component differences between US Phantoms and European ones.

Are the lights less bright or brighter on the DJI Phantom 3 compared to previous DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus? They do look to be smaller.
Thanks!

I can't see any pictures; am I doing something wrong or did you take them down?

Dunno - didn't take pics down - still there...

Are the lights less bright or brighter on the DJI Phantom 3 compared to previous DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus? They do look to be smaller.
Thanks!

Can't really say when the sun is beating down on your face...

Nice,looks promising, any chance you could still do the max height test mohan even a little over 500ft would do.

Thanks!

They are brighter, they use the same type now on all their E series power system. Killer LEDS.

I'm keen on around 1 min of raw (unedited) un youtubed video from the 4k.. just on a dropbox link? so we can see it in the real, and have a play.. please :D
Many links on rcgroups of raw video. Also any raw video of the inspire is the same as well, at least with the pro model.

Dunno - didn't take pics down - still there...

Not sure what happened. Now they show up on both your original post as well as on my quoted one.

And I wanted to say thanks for sharing the pictures. Truly an amazing machine. Can't wait until I get mine.

Man, I love the smooth work on the camera when you pan down, is that because the camera controls are the wheel on top?

3.3 km stock! This dji lightbridge is sorcery. Im no distance flyer either but im in love with the rock solid fpv especially at 720p. Drop that resolution to 480x240@15fps and it will go moon and back.

Internal Pictures

Taking the Phantom 3 apart is a Pain in the Rear. It is worse than trying to take an ipad apart. The new phantom 3 has locking tabs that need to be pushed into release the cover.
The screws are different - no more 2mm Hex and philips. The larger screws need a T8 and the small screw at the tip needs a T6

Hood off with GPS

DSC02161.jpg

More detail of main board

DSC02162.jpg

Big Black Box with Ribbon connector

DSC02163.jpg

Another view - also ESC

DSC02164.jpg

Gimbal connector

DSC02165.jpg

Close up of GPS connector

DSC02166.jpg

Motors

DSC02167.jpg

Fets on main board

DSC02168.jpg

Main powe
DSC02170.jpg

Part 2 to follow

Part 2 of the pictures

Compass and OFDM

DSC02172.jpg

GPS connector

DSC02173.jpg
DSC02174.jpg

What is this black box with the ribbon?

DSC02175.jpg

Main Power connector
DSC02176.jpg

Gimbal Port

DSC02177.jpg

Battery slot is caged well

DSC02180.jpg

New screws

DSC02183.jpg

Wowsers that looks a lot more high tech to me, know nothing on this subject but hope others that do have good things to say.

First reaction... if you burn an ESC... the entire board will need to be changed... :(
They moved the ESC back into the shoulder on the main board... but left the cooling fins out on the arm where the old ESC used to be... interesting.

Small black box looks like it has anti vibration mounts... probably gyro, accelerometer etc.. inside.

Motors are really looking like the same 2312s that come with the solid core brittle wires... however they are all siliconed to the board right at the solder connection... that helps a lot.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic