Hands on experience Phantom 3 - 4K plus Inside the hood Pictures

Did you use the autoland feature? Quite impressive that it has that kind of control at that distance. Probably never need it myself but at least now we know.

Yes I did... I wanted to safely land at a spot I could easily get to

Does the angle of the horizon drift as badly as the Inspire I used a couple of weeks ago, my old P2v+ and my current H3-3D?

It didn't look like it. The new firmware on the Inspire 1 appears to have addressed this?

Reactions: envisionabove
It didn't look like it. The new firmware on the Inspire 1 appears to have addressed this?

Nice one. Thanks for the answer :)

I believe Cardiff is in UK, how did you manage to fly so far with CE settings

I am planning to buy P3 but have read that range is limited in Europe

With my P2 (stock RC) I have manage to go 2000 meters

I believe Cardiff is in UK, how did you manage to fly so far with CE settings

I am planning to buy P3 but have read that range is limited in Europe

With my P2 (stock RC) I have manage to go 2000 meters

I think there is a lot anxiety about range. I can't tell you what the plans are for the CE model but all I can say is that the Lightbridge units I have - some were sourced in Asia and others in the UK - there is fundamental difference between them. They all achieve about 1.6miles.

I know People worry about range - the reality is 1 mile is more than enough for 95% of flying. You can simply get closer to your target without having to fly crazy long distances. I think the long range threads are feeding this desire to fly further away. 5000 feet is a good optimum distance for battery life without doing a mad dash

Does it tell you on the app if your on CE or FCC? Maybe the model you have is set to FCC with it being a pre production P3.

Sorry it doesn't say this. I am not able to shed any more info on this

Hit 3k and didn't have to walk

Last edited:
I think there is a lot anxiety about range. I can't tell you what the plans are for the CE model but all I can say is that the Lightbridge units I have - some were sourced in Asia and others in the UK - there is fundamental difference between them. They all achieve about 1.6miles.

I know People worry about range - the reality is 1 mile is more than enough for 95% of flying. You can simply get closer to your target without having to fly crazy long distances. I think the long range threads are feeding this desire to fly further away. 5000 feet is a good optimum distance for battery life without doing a mad dash

Good points, esp. in your second paragraph.

This might surprise many...

If you follow the links in the OP of this thread:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/fcc-application-for-phantom-3-pro-and-advanced.38942/

You'll see, for the U.S. versions of the P3P & P3A, that the on-board LB Tx equipment has a conducted RF power rating at **** near 0.750W (0.746).

I second that mohan. before seeing these results i was very worried about the famous CE and FCC setting, after seeing your results with distance in what has clearly been pointed out to me many many times on here by the real pros you would have been auto set by GPS to the CE setting, so to learn the CE setting still gets that distance is great. Cheers

Because of CE regulation I believe I will buy my in US and install FPVLR antenna with booster on it

But even if you buy it in EU you upgrade antenna and get crazy long distance

Because of CE regulation I believe I will buy my in US and install FPVLR antenna with booster on it

I really don't understand this logic. It seems you already have more distance available than the battery is capable of.

Reactions: TMSmalley

All units are the same. They auto switch from ce to FCC from location of craft.

I was going to buy one from the US after being told from dji they would be factory set from dji according to were they were going to be shipped to, and i was willing to pay a lot of extra money here in the UK with imports and tax charges to get a FCC model, but there are a a lot of experts on here who have pointed out this is not the case, and infact it will be auto set by GPS so it wont make a difference. Mohan has flown amazing distances auto set in the CE mode so there is no need to worry.

The point is getting good clarity and no dropouts or more lag within your reach.

No lag that I noticed - HD quality at 2 miles - picture was rock stable throughout

Reactions: Apparition
I'm confused.... Blade Strike and others close to DJI say there's no difference in components between P3's sold anywhere....

Are you saying you think this is not so?

No. All I'm saying is based on the two FCC grants that the P3's on-board LB transmission 'system' has a conducted power rating of 0.746 watts or ~28.7dBm. That is the average power being delivered to the connector which the antenna is plugged on to.

There is likely 4 antennas.

I can only reference the U.S. grant via the FCC.gov web resources.

I have not tried to find similar data for the CE certification/grant/etc. for our European folks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164