Hands Free Controller Body Mount?

I decided to give the harness that Nightwolf linked to above a try. Ordered it from Amazon and it should arrive next week. It’s a little more than I wanted spend but it should suit my needs. I need it to be able the be folded up to fit in my backpack. I’ll update the thread when I get it and have a chance to try it out.

Chris

There are transmitter trays offered by various companies, When I used to fly fixed wing aircraft I had a Futaba transmitter tray that also had an optional waist belt/strap but this was 15 + years ago, sold it with all my other hobby gear.

Is the OP interested in something like this? Tarot offers a Tx harness for around $59.99 USD, in my personal experience it's much easier to buy vs spending more time and money trying to build it. Just my .02

Tx harness.png
Transmitter harness.png

There are transmitter trays offered by various companies, When I used to fly fixed wing aircraft I had a Futaba transmitter tray that also had an optional waist belt/strap but this was 15 + years ago, sold it with all my other hobby gear.

Is the OP interested in something like this? Tarot offers a Tx harness for around $59.99 USD, in my personal experience it's much easier to buy vs spending more time and money trying to build it. Just my .02

View attachment 105163View attachment 105162

Thanks for the info. I looked into transmitter trays and they were pricey, often almost half the cost of my P3S, plus taxes, duties, and shipping to Canada made them not worth it for me. I also thought of building my own but lack of time and needing it to fold up for backpacking cancelled out that idea. In the end I settled on the Bestem one Nightwolf linked to above. Ordered it from Amazon so if its not suitable, I can return it.

Chris

I only have one useful arm and have been thinking about this since I got my Phantom 3 standard. I'll be following this to see if you come up with something and I'll let you know if I figure something out myself. I gotta get away from needing a table and chair to fly this thing.:)
Me too. I use a harness but would kill for something a little more solid and steady.

View attachment 105163View attachment 105162
Looks great, how do you keep the controller from flopping back and forth?

That's what I have but uses single point attachment around neck, controller flops around too much. It would be perfect with dual clips.

I’m going to try it out first when I get it to see how stable it holds the controller. I will be moving while using it (nordic skiing, snowmobiling or cycling) so if the controller moves too much I may add some velcro to hold it more secure.

Chris

I got my Bestem controller harness yesterday and today I got a chance to try it out while X-country skiing in cold weather (-14ºC). As LUISMARTINEZ says, it works but it flops around when I am skiing. I'm going to see if I can add a strip of velcro on the bottom of my controller and the matching piece on the harness - that should secure the controller to the harness even when I am moving around.

Overall, I like the harness. It's easy to get on and set up and is also light and compact. With the addition of velcro it should work as I need it to.

Chris

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT