Halo or Rainbow in my photos (Phantom 4)

Reaction score
Ok I just notice this happening in a couple of my photos and I thought it was due to the night sky but I took another photo yesterday and and I noticed it again. Can anyone tell me why... I cleaned the lens and I dont see anything on the lens. It just started a few days ago.
If anyone has any help on this I would appreciate it..

PS. I havent dropped it or any crashes.
Thanks J.R.

Attachments

• Example.jpg
    Example.jpg
    585.5 KB · Views: 398
Shadows on the roofs, plus direction of the rainbow indicate flare on the lens from the side. A lens hood may overload the gimbal too so that might not work well either. Aim better.

Shadows on the roofs, plus direction of the rainbow indicate flare on the lens from the side. A lens hood may overload the gimbal too so that might not work well either. Aim better.
Hmmm well that doesnt make sense. Ive been shooting with this camera for a while now and shooting the same. Didnt start until a few days ago and I havent done anything different. Aim better is not an option or a resolution.

The camera does seem a bit prone to flaring effects like this when sun is anywhere in front.
The slightest defect like a chip or scratch in the filter glass will make things worse.
It's definitely just refraction flare.
Ughhh... I hope its nothing serious as mentioned before I havent done anything that would have damaged the drone. So weird for it to not do it 3 days ago now it does it every time no matter the time of day. But I do understand that we do get flare but this just seems odd to me...

The front UV filter ring spins off on the Phantom 3 A and P. Use forefinger and thumb only and dont grip it hard. Turn to unscrew. Clean inside and out using high quality lens paper and denatured alcohol. Spin it back on and test shoot some snaps.

The front UV filter ring spins off on the Phantom 3 A and P. Use forefinger and thumb only and dont grip it hard. Turn to unscrew. Clean inside and out using high quality lens paper and denatured alcohol. Spin it back on and test shoot some snaps.
Thats exactly what im doing now. Last week I took it off to clean bug guts off of it and I took it off and it looks fine but could be something on there. Ill give that a try and send a photo once ive tried it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic