Better in Cold Weather: P4P or Mavic Air 2

Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion on what drone would fair better in 30 degree weather, a Phantom 4 Pro or a Mavic Air 2? We had our first snowfall here in Portland Oregon last night and I'd like to capture some of the city once the sun comes up, but don't really know which to bring. The air is very still, almost no wind to speak of and I have 5 fresh batteries for both and the means to keep them warm. The Mavic Air 2 has proven to have the better range and signal strength, but the Phantom is bigger and more powerful. Any thoughts? (I know that's a Mavic 2 Pro in the photo, but it's the closest I could find without pulling mine out of their cases)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 6.37.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 6.37.45 AM.png
    321.3 KB · Views: 188
Does anyone have an opinion on what drone would fair better in 30 degree weather, a Phantom 4 Pro or a Mavic Air 2? We had our first snowfall here in Portland Oregon last night and I'd like to capture some of the city once the sun comes up, but don't really know which to bring. The air is very still, almost no wind to speak of and I have 5 fresh batteries for both and the means to keep them warm. The Mavic Air 2 has proven to have the better range and signal strength, but the Phantom is bigger and more powerful. Any thoughts? (I know that's a Mavic 2 Pro in the photo, but it's the closest I could find without pulling mine out of their cases)
From the specs

Operating Temperature Range​

Air 2: -10° to 40°C (14° to 104°F)
P4 pro: 0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F )

I've always preferred the 1" sensor and higher dynamic range of the P4P if your picky with the image quality and are willing to edit in post, but as Meta has shown the operating temperatures maybe an issue for the P4P.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20