Ha ha. You can actually buy this.

Reaction score
67C4C3A0-A576-4876-8216-A5EC2D277EE2.jpeg

Edit: as you’ll see by reading the rest of the thread, I’m finding the lettering amusing. Not the vest or its high visibility.

Last edited:
A forum member makes those I believe.

We are seeing more and more of these all over the place.

When working our Construction Sites you gotta have HiViz vest as well as other PPE or you aren't allowed on the property.

These are a great idea but people shouldn't assume that the wearer is indeed a licensed commercial drone pilot. I've heard a few stories of people buying these as a shortcut hoping they won't be challenged or if they are at least blag it saying they left credentials at home etc etc...

Reactions: SeanMulkerrin
I wasn’t making a commentary on the color. I found the wording funny.

Reactions: gt40pilot
I guess I’m going to get into a fight here. :)

To start with I think the big huge FAA lettering followed by the much smaller lettering completing the sentencing appears to be a little bit buffy. ;-). Like trying to look a little too official.

The do not disturb part isn’t a bad idea. But does one really need to advertise that they are licensed? These are just my opinions. I know people will disagree but hopefully not take offense. But my personal style wouldn’t feel the need to brag that I’m licensed. Maybe I’m missing a good reason to put that on your back. But as someone else pointed out, there is no validation that it’s true. It just feels to me like a dose of self importance. Doesn’t make the wearer a bad person. But different things strike different people funny.

I guess I’m going to get into a fight here. :)

To start with I think the big huge FAA lettering followed by the much smaller lettering completing the sentencing appears to be a little bit buffy. ;-). Like trying to look a little too official.

The do not disturb part isn’t a bad idea. But does one really need to advertise that they are licensed? These are just my opinions. I know people will disagree but hopefully not take offense. But my personal style wouldn’t feel the need to brag that I’m licensed. Maybe I’m missing a good reason to put that on your back. But as someone else pointed out, there is no validation that it’s true. It just feels to me like a dose of self importance. Doesn’t make the wearer a bad person. But different things strike different people funny.
OK.

In my eyes, if it stops just one know-it-all subassembly of a feminine irrigation product from interfering with a flight and wasting precious time and battery resources, and/or at least slows down Officer Cartman and his ilk, it will have done its job sufficiently, typography notwithstanding.

But that's just my opinion.

The truly suave may consider (in addition to the vest) wearing credentials on a neck strap, like members of the press.

I think the original purpose was nothing more than to get people to leave you alone when you're flying
As I said. That’s not a bad idea. But the rest seemed a little over the top. You asked so I’m just explaining. No offense intended to those who made or own it. Some of my fellow USCG volunteers (we were called USCG Auxiliary) tried to make their own uniform service tapes to downplay the word auxiliary. I thought that was kind of funny too.

OK.

In my eyes, if it stops just one know-it-all subassembly of a feminine irrigation product from interfering with a flight and wasting precious time and battery resources, and/or at least slows down Officer Cartman and his ilk, it will have done its job sufficiently, typography notwithstanding.

The truly suave may consider (in addition to the vest) wearing credentials on a neck strap, like members of the press.
Touché !! Well done. :)

Reactions: Southam Creative
...wearing credentials on a neck strap, like members of the press.
This is a pretty good idea. If you do get questioned, you don’t need to land in order to dig it out of your wallet. And that’s more legit too.

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
OK.

This is a great post for many reasons. The best part is the Cartman reference. I work with a few Cartmen on my department.

At the moment I use a regular safety vest without any, um, presumptuous, writing or labeling on it, and even that does seem to help. Honestly it's amazing what you can get away with in general when you're wearing a safety vest. You can up the cred ante a bit with a well-worn hard hat. If you find one on the side of a highway that bounced out of the bed of a truck, it's probably perfect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1