H3-3D. Where is the video footage??????

I'm baffled about something that experienced users will no doubt find stupid. If the H3-3D cancels out yaw, how does the user get the camera on-subject in the first place? It seems as though the gimbal will keep the camera pointed in the direction it was facing at the time you launched.

I know, I know... but guys who've forgotten most of their college physics need to ask.

outermagnolian said:
I'm baffled about something that experienced users will no doubt find stupid. If the H3-3D cancels out yaw, how does the user get the camera on-subject in the first place? It seems as though the gimbal will keep the camera pointed in the direction it was facing at the time you launched.

I know, I know... but guys who've forgotten most of their college physics need to ask.

It smooths out the yaw movements, not keep it completely at the same rotation

Here's the onboard footage from Intelligent UAS. You'll notice that when the pilot yaws the Phantom to the right, the left front landing gear comes into the shot. Apart from this, it looks awesomely stable.
http://youtu.be/OsqQL8dgTkw

Good thinking to show exactly how well it works. Amazing to see how the gimbal reacts as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl