H3-3D vs H4-3D - Looking for a clear answer

Reaction score
Hi,
I own a DJI Phantom 2 with a H2-2D mount and I am looking to upgrade my setup to the GoPro Hero 4 Black with the appropiate mount.
My question is, are there any benefits in buying the H4-3D mount over the H3-3D?
I have searched and watched a few videos and i cannot find anything on the difference between the two mounts other than the size.

I know that the H3 can me easily modified to work with the Hero4 and I can find them used for cheap.

I'm using the H3-3D with GoPro 4 Silver. I didn't have to modify anything, worked perfect right out of the box. Balance is fine as well.
Some people say the camera mount pushes on the Settings button on the side of the button and may have to be filed back slightly. I had no problem with this myself.

I never had the H2-2D gimbal, but like Tut, I have the Hero4 Black on an H3-3D. There are two versions of the H3-3D. When the Hero 4 was introduced the "settings" button was partially depressed by the gimbal mount. A quiet upgrade lowered the size of the shoulder in the tray to eliminate this problem. If you are buying a new H3-3D then you should be OK. If you are buying used, then it's an easy mod with your Dremel tool to cut a notch to provide the settings button some clearance.

4 Silver and 4 Black have different weights.

The only difference between the two gimbals is the weight they're designed to balance. Everything else is effectively the same. The side button is a non issue. You can wedge a little spacer in there if it causes a problem but I've found if you put the camera in carefully, it won't be an issue.

What I did to solve the issue of the button on the side being pressed by the gimbal on the H3-3D that i had for a little while. Was to just put a tiny strip of foam tape on the edge of the tray that the go pro sits in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31