H3-3D Shipping Yet?

I MUCH prefer the old design - much cleaner install and less prone to breakage.

I will no doubt end up with a v1.1.111.1.1.111..1.1.1. :evil: as I have a H3-3D with GCU (Naza M v2 version) on back order.

Should be here next week and I will swap it out for my Arris CM300 on my 690mm Hexa.

Just got email from B&H that my H3-3D shipped today. Appears the wait is over. Thanks for everyones responses to my thread.

I have a unit that is in transit. Is it version 1 or 1.1 ? Does it have a bracket, does it come with the jello correction chip ?
Have you set it up, and the video is smoother ?

Anticipation in Santa Monica :)

Install went as per the DJI video. I have a Phantom 2 (no hole) and used a Dremel tool to carefully make a hole for the pan axis gimbal motor. I did need to make sure I had latest firmware for both my Phantom and controller. I then had to calibrate the X1 channel. This took several times but once done, my footage is extremely smooth, no jello after 1 short test flight. Couple of issues:

1. In the panning movement, the gimbal hits the rear clear plastic retainer clip. From what I've read, this is a non issue since the gimbal does not need to pan that much in flight. (Yes I double check that the two clips are installed correctly) Seems like a weak design flaw to me. I will test this's myself and see if it's an issue for me.

2. I've ordered taller and wider legs. Even with the hole, the gimbal camera assembly can touch the ground in certain positions. I'm holding off further flights till I get the legs, I'm not willing to take a chance damaging the camera or gimbal striking the ground on landing.

3. The Assist and RC software is not that user friendly and the documentation or lack there of is only good if you enjoy surfing message boards looking for help.

4. I'm not sure what the micro USB chip/connector for the Gopro is for or if I need it for my set up? It seems like a weak link after having to plug/unplug it to access the micro SD card.

5. If someone much smarter then me could write an E-book on the history of the Phantom, Phantom manual, Assist & RC software, bugs, popular mods, accessory use, flight tips, etc. I'd buy it.

6. The gimbal makes a constant buzzing noise, not loud though, I'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to work.

DJI has some great instructional videos but they lack detailed info on trouble shooting differences from various versions.

Pilot955 said:
Install went as per the DJI video. I have a Phantom 2 (no hole) and used a Dremel tool to carefully make a hole for the pan axis gimbal motor. I did need to make sure I had latest firmware for both my Phantom and controller. I then had to calibrate the X1 channel. This took several times but once done, my footage is extremely smooth, no jello after 1 short test flight. Couple of issues:

1. In the panning movement, the gimbal hits the rear clear plastic retainer clip. From what I've read, this is a non issue since the gimbal does not need to pan that much in flight. (Yes I double check that the two clips are installed correctly) Seems like a weak design flaw to me. I will test this's myself and see if it's an issue for me.

2. I've ordered taller and wider legs. Even with the hole, the gimbal camera assembly can touch the ground in certain positions. I'm holding off further flights till I get the legs, I'm not willing to take a chance damaging the camera or gimbal striking the ground on landing.

3. The Assist and RC software is not that user friendly and the documentation or lack there of is only good if you enjoy surfing message boards looking for help.

4. I'm not sure what the micro USB chip/connector for the Gopro is for or if I need it for my set up? It seems like a weak link after having to plug/unplug it to access the micro SD card.

5. If someone much smarter then me could write an E-book on the history of the Phantom, Phantom manual, Assist & RC software, bugs, popular mods, accessory use, flight tips, etc. I'd buy it.

6. The gimbal makes a constant buzzing noise, not loud though, I'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to work.

DJI has some great instructional videos but they lack detailed info on trouble shooting differences from various versions.
Answer to Bold above-you're here!!! Plenty of info on this 1 site to keep you busy for hours and hours.

Also-if you can, get the Vision landing gear; it's taller. Also-you can get some rubber "feet" and glue those to the bottom, then you'll have no problem with ground clearance.
RE: the rest of your questions-remove the plastic clips and use twine/string/zip ties instead-you don't really need them and if they cause a problem-lose them.
That's all I can help you with at the moment. I'm still waiting on the "kit", which includes a spacer plate-so no hole needed, and the Vision landing gear.
But-I've been waiting for that for right around 2 months, with no delivery date in the near future.

Thanks for the helpful reply! I read about others using zip ties and I will try that. Just seems like weird bug that DJI should have caught. The hole is a cheesy fix but one thing I like is the center of gravity is closer to the Phantom rather than spaced lower. Not sure how much real world difference this makes though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl