H3-3D Shipping Yet?

Boozshey said:
I will say that the h3-3d is a noisy mofo, and I'm willing to bed that's is also why the board is there.

"Jello on GoPro Cameras:
50% of jello is vibration and dampening related, and the 50% remaining are wrong PID settings, mostly D setting and also the power to the motor. A simple test is, once gimbal is initialized, put a finger on the camera and very slightly press pitch. If you can feel a small “buzzing” or vibration appearing, the D gain or the power might be too high. Remember that it is not necessary (also not recommended) to have ultra-fast “back to neutral” when forcing the gimbal to move. We will never have similar reactions in flight and better have a smooth and linear back to neutral with the small bounce as explained regarding gain and reaction time, than ultra-fast and sharp return to neutral that will cause you moreproblems in flights that what you expected."

Source: http://aerialpixels.com/support/alexmos-brushless-gimbal-controller-simplebgc-tuning-guide/

Peter Evans said:
Hi, from all the research I've done on this, I've learned that that anti-interference board has nothing whatsoever to do with 'jello' - rien, nichts, nada. It's there to cure any electrical interference that may be present in the FPV signal of some installations.

So, are you so sure reading the above info? Perhaps the 'interference board' also regulates power in some way.

The Editor said:
Rumours are that v2 of the H3-3D is already in production which incorporates the LP filter board into the guts of the gimbal. There may also be a rethink of the design in respect of the yaw motor since it appears there are multiple reports of it fouling on the P2 battery and causing jerky movement on that axis.

Seems like the H3-2D fiasco all over again !

Personally, I'm holding off purchase until they sort out their teething problems. I had all this crap when the H3-2D was launched and I'm not prepared to be DJI's testing ground again.

I will need two of these H3-3D's but I'm waiting..............
DJI has been made aware of this situation. My "advise" was, the hole in the existing P2's was a mistake. It would have been simpler to use existing P2's, with a mounting bracket. Then, attach rubber "feet", perhaps 1/2" tall, on the bottom of the landing gear legs-to get the camera clear of the ground. The other idea I expressed to them was-when in assembly, have the person that attaches the landing gear, add some spacers.
Re-tooling to make another mold, costs big $$$. So, it appears it was cheaper and faster to just cut the holes.
I believe some of the issues you see now, are because of the holes....

I want a Standard P2(no hole), with the H3 mounting plate-and that's what I'm waiting for. I'm waiting to hear who had gotten 1 of those, and, attached it to the standard P2.
Also-how do you upgrade the firmware of the Gimbal, on a standard P2?

havasuphoto said:
I want a Standard P2(no hole), with the H3 mounting plate-and that's what I'm waiting for. I'm waiting to hear who had gotten 1 of those, and, attached it to the standard P2.

+1

LiLPhantom said:
I see 1USA and B&H Photo both have them listed for sale @ $369 however not in stock, so they are taking pre-orders? Called both and they are also clueless as to when they will receive them...

You can pre-order through BH but read the terms carefully. I ordered mine through them and emailed them for an update. They got back to me and said they will try and get an update from DJI. But when I ordered two weeks ago, I was told 2-4weeks so who knows...

havasuphoto said:

My dealer in France hasn't seen any of these yet and says DJI can't inform them when there will be any. They said, if I was comfortable with doing it and didn't want to bother waiting, to just enlarge the hole in my Phantom 2 myself, to check the clearance between the top of the 3rd axis motor and the battery, and to use washers between the gimbal and the Phantom's underside if there was a problem there. If I used washers then I might need to source longer screws locally. The gimbal will be delivered to me here tomorrow morning.

havasuphoto said:
Apart from the enlarged hole, and maybe an inbuilt interference board, what's the difference between a 'standard P2' and a the Zenmuse H3-3D model?

DJI's website doesn't mention different Phantom models; it just says,

"Firmware: H3-3D latest firmware v1.0.0.6;

Firmware update: The firmware optimized the H3-3D gimbal Yaw axis tracking (or follow), the gimbal Yaw axis will move as well when you turn the Phantom. This greatly reduces the probability of capturing the Phantom landing skid.

How to upgrade: Download the firmware via Phantom 2 Assistant Software (v2.0 or v3.0)"

So presumably that applies to all Phantom 2s

DDM has them - $499

LiLPhantom said:
Thanks, I just placed my order with DDM, http://www.davesmotors.com/ also added the "DDM" coupon code and saved 5% and chose overnight FedEx.
You really should hang on there mate, tons of issues with these things right now.

Jaybee said:
LiLPhantom said:
You really should hang on there mate, tons of issues with these things right now.

Mine's working like a charm

Anyone getting jello with the new h3-3d standalone?

Just ordered the phantom 2 with new gumball. Does anyone know which version they are shipping? I'm hoping it's the latest.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Update: Just got an email from B&H, they are getting H3-3D's in the next 4 days and expect shipment to customers when they arrive.

Pilot955 said:
Update: Just got an email from B&H, they are getting H3-3D's in the next 4 days and expect shipment to customers when they arrive.
Delivery date was supposed to be Today, for most Dealers.......I've been waiting over a month!!! Guess another week or 2 won't mater :twisted:

I ordered one from B&H earlier today, and got a shipping email already. Website still says in stock...

Bats said:
I ordered one from B&H earlier today, and got a shipping email already. Website still says in stock...
Correct...but, is it for the standard P2, without the hole?? It has to come with the Vision landing gear-or it will sit too low.
That's the "kit" I'm talking about.

I talked to a B&H customer service rep today on their online chat and asked if my H3-3D that I ordered in the beginning of April will ship soon since they show in stock. They said it should ship today or tomorrow and I should get it in about 5 days. Fingers crossed.

Update from B&H chat support:

Orders shipping tomorrow
Mounting plate for older phantom 2 included

Chris: my order status has changed to "In stock, order sent to warehouse" do you know when this will ship? Also - does the gimbal come with the adapter plate to fit the older Phantom 2 without the new cutout?
Scott S: This is scheduled to ship tomorrow.
Chri: awesome
Scott S: I'd like to connect you with the sales team so they can advise you on the plate.

Please wait while we find an agent from the Aerial Support Live department to assist you.
You have been connected to Graham N.

Chris: I have the older phantom 2 - it doesnt have the cutout for the 3rd axis motor - I've seen the mounting adapter is it included with the gimbal?
Graham N: Yes that bracket is included with the gimbal.
Chris: brilliant thank you very much
Chris: the standard legs wont be long enough with the new adapter right? so i will need to purchase the extended legs?
Graham N: The gimbal does hang lower but as long as you use a flat surface it will be okay, you can also use a blanket on the grass as the take out spot.

Good luck with that-let us know how it works out.
The "kit" I've seen, comes with the Vision landing gear. Now that may be with the newest P2+H3-3D combo packages, I don't know yet. But, that's what I've been waiting over a month for.
There was no point in cutting a hole to begin with....that's was just a poor design.
The Vision landing gear is taller, and if they have a slightly thicker bracket to mount the gimbal, you don't need the hole.

It sounds to me like the stand-alone H3-3D with the same bracket as used with the P2's that have a hole.
It may work-if you use spacers, I don't know.
But-I know 1 dealer that has 50 of the "kits" on order, and hasn't receiver any-yet. So, another month goes bye.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20